The topic is locked.

Almost all political parties question the AIADMK for their decision to make Sasikala the party chief and now possibly the Chief Minister of Tamilnadu. Congress has been very critical while they themselves brought in Sonia Gandhi as party chief simply because she was related to the Nehru family and were ready to hand over the entire nation to her as well and now want a totally incapable Rahul Gandhi to lead them .. Sasikala according to reports has been managing the political show from the shadows while Jayalalitha was the CM as well as when she was in prison which means she has experience unlike many of our politicians. Akilesh Yadav was totally raw when he was made the CM because he was Mulayam s son..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am not sure how to react to this information. I read the news today in the papers, since I am not aware of Sasikala's work much, but going by how she has been shadowing Jatalalitha all these years and managing affairs when she was jailed, Sasikala might even prove to be an efficient CM. But is it even legal or logical for OP to resign so abruptly and swear Sasikala as the new CM? Couldn't they waited out this term to finish?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I am not sure how to react to this information. I read the news today in the papers, since I am not aware of Sasikala's work much, but going by how she has been shadowing Jatalalitha all these years and managing affairs when she was jailed, Sasikala might even prove to be an efficient CM. But is it even legal or logical for OP to resign so abruptly and swear Sasikala as the new CM? Couldn't they waited out this term to finish?

Definitely Kalyani , but older parties having set a bad precedent , now cannot question AIADMK . Legally I guess there is no hassle but it is not a favorable development .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I do not think anyone can question her selection to the post of the CM. But she has to stand in an election and win in the next 6 month time frame to be elected to the assembly. I am actually hoping against hope that she looses it. That is only hope for not having sasikala as a CM. fingers crossed 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Sasikala is the new CM of TN. It is a reality now. Panner  Selvam, himself requested Sasikala to take the charge of TN . I do not see anything wrong in this.

@ rambabu , be factual please rather than make statements like she is the new CM while she is not ..Pannerselvam is after all a elected rep of AIADMK and cannot take legal decisions into his hand. Sasikala no doubt will want to grab power like others before her have done in various parties . But it may not be as easy as all that since she has corruption cases against her ..

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.ndtv.com/tamil-nadu-news/as-vk-sasikala-preps-for-tamil-nadu-chief-ministers-role-challenges-ahead-1656320%3Famp%3D1%26akamai-rum%3Doff?client=ms-android-coolpad

Thanks for the link. It was a new turn, which I did not know about. Sasikala faces a judicial inquiry

rambabu wrote:

Sasikala is the new CM of TN. It is a reality now. Panner  Selvam, himself requested Sasikala to take the charge of TN . I do not see anything wrong in this.

Do provide a link where it says that OP himself requested Sasikala to become a CM. I think it is not possible that he did so.

rambabu wrote:

Thanks for the link, but where does it state that OP himself requested Sasikala to take over? It sounds more like she pressurised him to step down in her favor in spite of so much opposition within the party itself that exists against Sasikala!

So I am warning you again to read carefully and then post statements, not just make comments with no basis!

rambabu wrote:

Thanks for the link. It was a new turn, which I did not know about. Sasikala faces a judicial inquiry

This is not a new development, happened at least a decade back .For someone who claims to keep up to date with news , it is amusing to hear that you were not aware of something that was in news ever since she took charge after Jayalalithas demise 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.