Finally after more than five years , the butchers who raped and killed Nirbhaya have been shown no mercy by the apex court and the Delhi high courts judgement of death sentence has been upheld . But what about the worst offender among them , Mohammad Afros who escaped with a lighter sentence simply because he was a minor . In fact he was the one who mutilated her private parts and was the worst of the lot  , nothing less than a barbarian. We need to question our legal system that let's offenders get away because of technicality.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.hindustantimes.com/delhi/dec-16-delhi-gang-rape-verdict-live-will-supreme-court-uphold-death-penalty/story-0YzN3eki36Yfmx1221sCwO_amp.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The case has been settled and death sentences have been rightly upheld. The minor was treated as per the applicable law. Do you want law to be broken to punish him? In fact it has already been amended to try above 16 years as adults in some cases. I think there is no point in restarting a debate for something that is well discussed and debated. 

I hail this verdict. This is a big day for the Indian Judiciary system. Rajiv Mohan Public prosecutor in the lower courts too hailed the Judgment

The Nirbhaya gang rape happened in 2012 and the juvenile was let out in 2015. .had the UPA govt had the will , they could have brought in the amendment straight away before sending Mohammed Afros to remand home and wait for the trial .  For obvious reasons they delayed it so that the fellow gets away and Kejriwal showed his craziness by giving the criminal a cash fund to start a new life ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Crazy Kejriwal,

I gave been following and hearing about this case in a few TV Channels. While the Judgment is being delivered, the Court hall  reverberated with claps.

I too feel that the case took a lot of time.

I believe, age should not be a criteria while discussing the fate of a culprit. His crime was not like a child's act so why should he be shown any mercy. This mercy will lead to a bigger crime in the future. Such a law is just like our reservation system based on caste. This is ridiculous and must be questioned time and again. One who can commit such a barbaric act in full senses and show no repentance should not be treated as a minor. While making a law one must keep in mind the suffering of the victim and the pain the family and friends go through. It should not be ignored at any cost. 

shampasaid

Thank you said by: rambabu

Though Juvenile, he took part in rape and  murder in a moving Bus. Ho too deserves hanging.

There should be a clause for death sentence to a juvenile too if the crime is considered as "rarest of rare" as correctly stated by SC in this particular case. That's the popular opinion. Though some try to deviate from the mainstream just for the sake of having a different opinion from others no matter how invalid it really is.

Another major concern is the time it took to finally announce the verdict. Four and a half years is still fast if we go by the record of our judiciary. But what about the cases which don't come into the limelight as much as this one? I'd say minimum 10-15 years.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Apex Court has taken all the aspects in the heinous crime and delivered the Verdict.

Apex court in its verdict said that it case has been treated as a rare case.

Hence I am of the opinion that all those who are involved in this crime deserve death sentence.

Rambabu please stop repeating yourself and writing the same thing again and again..

Whatever i said is from the web link you gave and News Channels. I don't think i repeated any thing in this case.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.