Now that the battle for Gujrat and Himachal Pradesh has ended with victory for BJP in both the states , I feel there are certain issues that need to be addressed seriously by all political parties. My own thoughts on them ..

1, BJP , although has lost out in the number of seats has gained considerably in vote share and so has it's opponent the Congress party.With incumbency an issue , it is all the more reason for BJP to celebrate the success f it's win n Gujrat.

2, Congress party has done well gaining 77 seats giving BJP a very tough fight right from the start . 

3, Himachal Pradesh has shown that Congress is slowly losing its grip but it may come up with a better performance next time round in other states.

4, Many of the tall leaders from both sides have lost their seats in both the states which goes to show that people want change and new age leaders . This is something all political parties need to take into account.

I feel that although BJP has emerged victorious , they cannot remain complacent because the next election in Karnataka will not be easy inspite of the Congress and the CM Siddaramaiah giving one of the worst performance ever. The Congress has other able leaders in Karnataka whereas BJP does not have many . All the more reason for BJP to be worried ...

It will be followed by a whole lot of other states like Mizoram, MP , Meghalaya, Tripura and so on ... It will be a battle fought like in Gujarat , hopefully without the usual muddle slinging and verbal abuse.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with the analysis. The BJP has just managed face saving in Gujarat- PM's home state. In Himachal, there is tendency to change party in power every time. Congress has well improved in Gujarat. Congress is definitely likely to do better next time. Three is difficulty for BJP in 2019. If congress even mildly improves in BJP ruled states, rulig party in center will at least lose clear majority and will depend more on allies-  even if NDA manages to win Lok Sabha elections. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Actually for a party to win an election after 22 years of being in power and improve its vote share is credible and that's what BJP has done in Gujrat , so it is not a face saver..It is true that one should never take things for granted because with the kind of opposition that BJP has to take on , they need to outsmart them to remain at the top. The coming state elections in 2018 will be crucial for BJP since the general elections will follow in 2019 and the state election results are bound to have an impact on the general election too..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

I totally agree with Usha. For a party to hold a state even after 22 years is in itself a great proof of its credibility and of people trust in its governance. Congress gave a tough fight by playing all that it could...caste, religion, reservation..

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Arunima Singh wrote:

I totally agree with Usha. For a party to hold a state even after 22 years is in itself a great proof of its credibility and of people trust in its governance. Congress gave a tough fight by playing all that it could...caste, religion, reservation..

Congress has also proven that it is a bad loser so now is bent on disrupting the Parliament session like they always do when they face some failure..

I agree with all the posters above but we should not forget the role of three youth leaders that supported congress and made a difference on final result. Maybe they indirectly influenced the voters that was instrumental in congress gaining the number of seats finally. However, Loksabha election in  2019 will be the final test for both the major parties.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Probably the young leaders may have helped Congress , but their own future prospect lies in their performance rather than Modi bashing which is what they seem to be doing as of now. But, I do agree that 2019 election may not be a cakewalk for BJP since there will be a lot of players coming in ...so , if they have any sense the BJP leaders should be concentrating on development and ignore the rest who purposely draw attention to themselves  ..

I also felt that in recent times BJP got a little bit of arrogance and even at times the leaders went overboard harming the decorum and sanctity of a mature ruling party. This might keep them in check and detoxify them from the power arrogance which has started slowly seeping in. The narrow margin victory might keep them to the realities of ground and stick to the real agenda

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

Voters have started realising that they will not vote for perceptions and empty slogans.

That's very true but it works both ways. There is no way a party commits innumerable acts of corruption and still get away just because someone is bringing new excuses and fabricating new slogans with the help of desperate goons. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I see it as a positive trend where the political representatives will be judged based on their own stature rather than their family background . In fact there is need for a lot more reforms in the selection of candidates etc..

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.