Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:

Just what does VIP stand for in a democracy? People with such attitude should come to terms or shown the door. Footpath for use of common people are being misused under the very nose of authorities concerned and they are talking about VIP lanes.

We do not have a footpath to walk. That day I was coming back and I could hear two wheeler honking behind me on a footpath. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Just what does VIP stand for in a democracy? People with such attitude should come to terms or shown the door. Footpath for use of common people are being misused under the very nose of authorities concerned and they are talking about VIP lanes.

We do not have a footpath to walk. That day I was coming back and I could hear two wheeler honking behind me on a footpath. 

This is a unique feature if Bangalore ...two wheelers go on footpaths as if it is their birth right , the same way enter one way streets from the opposite direction. It goes to show how poor the law enforcement is . I remember an instance when I was in Bangalore a couple of years ago , a large car was parked on no parking zone on Brigade road and the driver stood outside speaking on his mobile phone . When a cop approached him , he must have told him that the car belonged to some high and mighty govt official and the cop stood around not knowing what to do . A little later a couple ladies and children with shopping bags came and sat in the car and we're driven away. Our corrupt system that has grown on sycophancy makes it difficult for even law enforcement authorities to deal with it because of what they might face.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Arunima Singh wrote:

The steel flyover proposed in Bangalore was for VIP. And they had to sacrifice so many trees for that. Luckily public awareness, protest and agitation has stopped it. I think public need to get united and oppose such things. VIPs need to realize that they can not get a free ride all the time.

I am listening first time about special flyover for VIP. It is good thing that people of Bangalore is aware, otherwise in India people are not aware for these things.

Sheetal Kumar N wrote:

It is sad to see decisions being taken which help the division of common man and VIPs. I feel that for VIPs to feel the pulse of a common man, they need to go through the situations and circumstances that we go through and that would be the only way for them to come up with viable solutions rather than finding work arounds for themselves.

VIP never feel pulse of common man, common man is only a thing which they used in election and that abused them till next election.

Arunima Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Most of city have not footpath for pedestrians. I also face problem of honking behind. Here in Rajasthan government allowed private but operator to operate buses of certain roots. Name of this service is Rajasthan Lok Parivhan Sewa. When I was driving my try cycle rikshaw they cross almost half of my rikshwa and blow horn. I have not any option than quit the road and go to gravel road.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Most of city have not footpath for pedestrians. I also face problem of honking behind. Here in Rajasthan government allowed private but operator to operate buses of certain roots. Name of this service is Rajasthan Lok Parivhan Sewa. When I was driving my try cycle rikshaw they cross almost half of my rikshwa and blow horn. I have not any option than quit the road and go to gravel road.

The plight of traffic and bad roads is endless for a common man. If you stay in a city or metro, you spend a considerable amount of time in commute. This is not only unproductive time but it also takes a toll on your health. The stress in commute is one of the main reasons of so many non communicable diseases like diabetes and blood pressure. 

Tax payers deserve a better safe and fast commute but it is never in priorities of government. And they would have the audacity to justify a separate lane for themselves.

anil wrote:
Sheetal Kumar N wrote:

It is sad to see decisions being taken which help the division of common man and VIPs. I feel that for VIPs to feel the pulse of a common man, they need to go through the situations and circumstances that we go through and that would be the only way for them to come up with viable solutions rather than finding work arounds for themselves.

VIP never feel pulse of common man, common man is only a thing which they used in election and that abused them till next election.

Hopefully things will change for the better.

Arunima Singh wrote:

The steel flyover proposed in Bangalore was for VIP. And they had to sacrifice so many trees for that. Luckily public awareness, protest and agitation has stopped it. I think public need to get united and oppose such things. VIPs need to realize that they can not get a free ride all the time.

This was certainly one situation where the people got together.

Arunima Singh wrote:

Once elected they live in a different world altogether for which I largely blame the public. K George who was the brain behind this steel corridor for VIPs is a known scoundrel, very corrupt and has been the cause of two suicides/suspicious deaths of  two honest police officers who investigated his underhand deals. So how did the public react ? By voting him back to power  even after knowing his reputation.. now he is again back in the same Bangalore Development portfolio , must be laughing his guts out at the stupidity of the electorate who can so easily be bought with cash and liquor  ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Once elected they live in a different world altogether for which I largely blame the public. K George who was the brain behind this steel corridor for VIPs is a known scoundrel, very corrupt and has been the cause of two suicides/suspicious deaths of  two honest police officers who investigated his underhand deals. So how did the public react ? By voting him back to power  even after knowing his reputation.. now he is again back in the same Bangalore Development portfolio , must be laughing his guts out at the stupidity of the electorate who can so easily be bought with cash and liquor  ..

That is sad face of our democracy. Those with voter ID card can be bought with cash and liquor and are not aware of the power of their votes. And many of those who are educated and aware do not want to take the pain of making voter ID card. Today I was shocked when my Friend during morning walk disclosed that their family does not want voter ID cards. They have never voted. She is a Christian and believes that no body can be trusted. She sited the example of 1984 riots where voter list seemed to be abused to know the religion and then target people. I was aghast and speechless. She is otherwise a very elegant and rational lady.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.