Majerhat bridge which was in South Kolkata collapsed killing 1 person. News says that government was warned 2 years before for this as cracks were developing in the bridge but still no action was taken. Now people are starting to ponder that why it is common in India that bridges and roads collapse so often resulting in huge loss of life and property.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That is because the governments are too busy filling their pockets with money and keeping the minds of the people distracted through petty issues. and sadly, in spite of boasting about so-called thinkers, intellectuals and liberals in many states, especially more so In WB, the contractors get away with doing very low quality and substandard work on bridges, roads etc. without being held accountable for such tragedies.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: arjun sai

West Bengal seems to be no more a real intellectual state as renown in the past. Even if they are intellectual, I highly doubt how they are currently using their intellect.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

West Bengal seems to be no more a real intellectual state as renown in the past. Even if they are intellectual, I highly doubt how they are currently using their intellect.

But the state does have the largest brigade of seculars and intellectual thinkers who allowed the horror of Mamata Banerjee to reign once again. Their intelligence overall is indeed questionable but they do keep masquerading as owners of more intelligence in the world than anyone else.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

But the state does have the largest brigade of seculars and intellectual thinkers who allowed the horror of Mamata Banerjee to reign once again. Their intelligence overall is indeed questionable but they do keep masquerading as owners of more intelligence in the world than anyone else.

The time they allowed Mamata Banerjee to reign, they have openly declared their negative utilization of intellect, such intellect is of no use & very harmful.

They are using intellect for wrong purposes so they are not good to be described as intellectual.

It is such a sad plight in the state where Sri Ramakrishna was born. His vibrance, spirituality & positivity has spread all over the world through the support of Sri Sarada Devi & his spiritual disciple Swami Vivekananda, however the state is in dire straits.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, Arunima Singh
epraneeth77 wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

The time they allowed Mamata Banerjee to reign, they have openly declared their negative utilization of intellect, such intellect is of no use & very harmful.

They are using intellect for wrong purposes so they are not good to be described as intellectual.

It is such a sad plight in the state where Sri Ramakrishna was born. His vibrance, spirituality & positivity has spread all over the world through the support of Sri Sarada Devi & his spiritual disciple Swami Vivekananda, however the state is in dire straits.

So true. nowadays they give more importance to appeasement of minorities who are clearly all out to destroy everything that is embedded in Hindu culture and the government is giving them more and more leeway each day to do the same, forgetting all that the great men of the past stood for and preached about.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

That is because the governments are too busy filling their pockets with money and keeping the minds of the people distracted through petty issues. and sadly, in spite of boasting about so-called thinkers, intellectuals and liberals in many states, especially more so In WB, the contractors get away with doing very low quality and substandard work on bridges, roads etc. without being held accountable for such tragedies.

Sub standard work is problem of whole country not only WB. How can contractor do standard work when they are required to pay major portion of contract amount to burocrates and politicians. Sweetness of tea is based on quantity of sugar we add in it.

Thank you said by: arjun sai

If I am not wrong this is the third bridge collapsing in last three years in the same state. Do not worry it will catch headlines for sometime and then everything will be forgotten till we get another collapse. We can do nothing about it. Just sit and watch the blame game and passing the parcel from one to another. This country runs on corruption and empty talks. You are lucky if you get to only hear the news and not become victim of it. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

There have been many bridges collapsing all over the nation , be it West Bengal , Mumbai or Karnataka. It shows a lack of concern by the authorities. Take for example the potholes in Mumbai , there is absolutely no accountability. Now that the rains have stopped they are apparently taking it easy because the media is not there to highlight. So until the next monsoon people will struggle ...in Bantwal , close to Mangalore inspite of repeated warnings by the authorities about sand mining , the sand mafia carried on  digging the river base with the help of the politicians and during monsoons a major bridge connecting two cities crashed down. Not a single person has been arrested nor held accountable

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

There have been many bridges collapsing all over the nation , be it West Bengal , Mumbai or Karnataka. It shows a lack of concern by the authorities. Take for example the potholes in Mumbai , there is absolutely no accountability. Now that the rains have stopped they are apparently taking it easy because the media is not there to highlight. So until the next monsoon people will struggle ...in Bantwal , close to Mangalore inspite of repeated warnings by the authorities about sand mining , the sand mafia carried on  digging the river base with the help of the politicians and during monsoons a major bridge connecting two cities crashed down. Not a single person has been arrested nor held accountable

To live honestly in India is a bane! How Ironic that a Country like India which tells itself of being a Spiritual Nation is in such deep & un retrievable shambles. Good to listen about India, but not to live.

epraneeth77 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

To live honestly in India is a bane! How Ironic that a Country like India which tells itself of being a Spiritual Nation is in such deep & un retrievable shambles. Good to listen about India, but not to live.

Agreed, but so many intellectuals who were born in India, who could have become great politicians, scientists and businessman, left India and have settled on Western countries. Our country is in dire need of those intellectuals as only they can bring about radical changes in our country and our country can progress faster.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.