Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If we want equality in society, reservation should be scrapped. 

Arunima Singh wrote:

As long as reservation is there, we can never think of a society free of discrimination.

We should provide equal opportunities for education and rest should be judged on talent.

In government schools and colleges all community have equal opportunities, but it is enough. In India some communities are too much financial backward, so it not possible for them to send their children for education in school, they prefer that their children work to earn. So it better to give them cash help so they can go to schools for education. In Rajsthan government school are providing enough to students, Qualifies staff, computer lab. mid day meal, milk  in breakfast, fruits.

I also have a feeling that these people who enjoy this reservation do not find themselves fitting in a regular crowd. it actually is not good for a youth's self esteem. I remember one of my batch mate was a SC. He was equally bright as others and could have made to our college even if there was no reservation. He came from a good background. When a group of students were preparing for different competitive exams, he was a part of that group but still not accepted fully. I remember many targeting him for his caste and making fun of him. They said that you just put your little effort and your caste will work while we have to slog to get what we deserve. SO there was a feeling of jealousy and discrimination. Poor fellow could not have good friends or has to undergo all these ridicule because he would get a reservation.

Even I have a Prejudiced view. If going to a doctor, I find that the fellow got a seat in Medical college due to reservation, I drop the idea of going to him as I no more trust his skills. Though he otherwise might be a good doctor. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.