Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:

I think one o the reasons for opposition is that there are too many illegal migrants which will have to go back if the bill is fully implicated. Beside, some parties personal interest doesn't fit in sending the outsiders out NE region.

Parties which are using them as their vote bank, not interested in pushing back these illegal migrants. These parties are not thinking about bad effect of these illegal migrants on sources of country.

suni51 wrote:

I think one o the reasons for opposition is that there are too many illegal migrants which will have to go back if the bill is fully implicated. Beside, some parties personal interest doesn't fit in sending the outsiders out NE region.

Rather its the other way round. If the bill is implicated, all those illegal non muslim migrants from Bangladesh, Myanmar etc will be here to stay. They are not the ones opposing the Bill. Its the indigenous population who fear that there will be  demographic change in the population as is the case of Tripura where the migrants now constitute 70% while the indigenous inhabitants constitute only 30%.

Its the public who are opposing the Bill. The political parties are just supporting the mass movement.

jabeen wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Rather its the other way round. If the bill is implicated, all those illegal non muslim migrants from Bangladesh, Myanmar etc will be here to stay. They are not the ones opposing the Bill. Its the indigenous population who fear that there will be  demographic change in the population as is the case of Tripura where the migrants now constitute 70% while the indigenous inhabitants constitute only 30%.

Its the public who are opposing the Bill. The political parties are just supporting the mass movement.

If you don't mind me saying the demography of NE is already suffering due one particular community immigrants from neighboring countries. So if the Non Muslims who are being treated shabbily in surrounding countries come back to the only country that will give them refuse is not a bad idea. After all they have nowhere else to go but take shelter in their original country.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
jabeen wrote:
suni51 wrote:

If you don't mind me saying the demography of NE is already suffering due one particular community immigrants from neighboring countries. So if the Non Muslims who are being treated shabbily in surrounding countries come back to the only country that will give them refuse is not a bad idea. After all they have nowhere else to go but take shelter in their original country.

Condition of Hindus which are living in Pakistan is not good. In my area many Hindus which came here on  tourist visa and decide to stay here for ever. Now Rajastahan government is giving them citizenship of India. They are happy here. They said that we are not safe in Pakistan. They are Hindus, where these people go.

Modi has said it at one of his rally that he will not trade with citizenship bill for keeping his alllies with him.  He was clear that he can compromise with votes but not national interest.  

I think it will resonate with many voters.  But having said that populist decisions buy votes but tough decisions might not.  Only future holds the answer. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Modi has said it at one of his rally that he will not trade with citizenship bill for keeping his alllies with him.  He was clear that he can compromise with votes but not national interest.  

I think it will resonate with many voters.  But having said that populist decisions buy votes but tough decisions might not.  Only future holds the answer. 

Frankly speaking, we have to look at Indian politics since independence to really understand what is going on at present and why the opposition parties are willing to go to any lengths to malign a government which is not in a permanent paralysis mode, unlike previous governments.

Whatever reasons (that's for another topic) might there have been for Indian partition, but it happened. And since then, appeasement politics have been prevalent. Initially though with good intentions, to uplift the huge number of people below the poverty line, reservations were adopted as a temporary measures for 10 years. Though strangely, instead of uplifting the poor, this reservation was interpreted as targeted specifically for the lower caste of Hindus and thus successive governments & political parties thereafter started to divide the population on various statistical values based on CASTE, RELIGION, LANGUAGE, ETHNICITY etc. And based on these statistical figures started political movements based on the largest minority population of these sub-groups, with the assumption that the majority will take of themselves and majority will never be a united front.

So the political scene for the next 60 odd years were governed by demands for reservations for SC, ST, OBC, MUSLIM, WOMEN, LANGUAGE, ETHNICITY etc. All these changed with present government coming to power. Here was a Prime-Minister who believed in "Sabka sath Sabka vikas" , it was not merely a lip service but a philosophy he actually believed in and showed that with actions on the ground he took under various schemes the government started be it the Ujwala scheme (which didn't differentiate between the beneficiary on the basis of caste, religion or ethnicity) , Zer balance Bank account, cleanliness drives, toilets for all etc.

This created a major problem for all the opposition parties as each of them were relevant in the National scene on account for dividing the population and targeting one specific target group, like Congress & TMC mainly believed in appeasing the Muslim minority, Mayawati (BSP) appeasing the DALIT (as per the inaccurate interpretation), The Abdhullas (NCP) Ethnicity & Religion based, Arvind Kejriwal (AAP) irrelevant as they are failures in all aspects.  So they needed to create a different narrative to remain relevant.

So they first started with INTOLERANCE movement, but people saw through that as it showed, it was they were the ones who were intolerant as their special privileges were getting affected.

Then came the deflection on Rafael deal and hypothetical corruption charges, which they have been continuing even though there is neither any evidence for it nor any one believing their logic.

Then charges of ignoring the farmers & working for the betterment of handful of the rich industrialists. With the current scheme of the Government to  give Rs 6000/- to each of the marginalized farmers every year, this allegation has also lost its tooth.

Now charges of using the armed forces for politics, again, here as per my understanding, operational effectiveness/ strike outcome of armed forces on the ground is not a victory or loss of the government but will to give the Go-ahead OR NOT, and it's implication on National & International scene is the Government's victory or loss. And here as well the  Government has the full moral & propriety right to claim victory. On the other hand opposition when questioning how many terrorist were killed? or show us the evidence of the strike... is actually questioning the integrity of the armed forces and not of the current Government... Thus the opposition has successfully managed to alienate another  huge chunk of population who has some or the other family member working for the forces. (The scattered opposition we hear about from the armed forces about government action & perils of war, if we examine carefully the persons behind these, we find their close link to a certain political party or member of the opposition).

I can keep going on and on about the various allegations against Modi and his government by the opposition & the outcome is that opposition parties have very well managed to keep alienating one after the other sub-group of various statistical data they use to divide the Indian population. When they are doing such a wonderful job of alienating the Indian population BJP and Mr Modi doesn't need to even canvass for 2019 election rather let the opposition dig their own grave, rather he should do what he does best, work at making INDIA GREAT AGAIN!!     

Axomiya

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh, anil

I totally agree with each and every point that you mentioned here. They are all so valid. 

This is one PM who is talking of nationalism and is not into populist decisions which just go for vote bank politics. He has taken tough decisions which were more in national interest and would have even damaged his vote count. But he stands to his decisions which are in national interest.

We have seen parties doing divisive politics in garb of secularism and shown their sick mentality. 

He has not shown minority appeasement and kept reforms above religion. His push for triple Talaq shows it while the so called seculars have exposed their ugly face by opposing it.

Ameet Barua wrote:

On the contrary, even though there are too many illegal immigrants in North east, contrary to the narrative, majority is Muslim AND if  CAB got implemented then, it would have been Congress & AIUDF which would have had most to lose as their entire vote bank would have been left out.

Thus the narrative from the congress that out of the 25 lakh people left out NRC, 20 lakhs are hindu bangladeshi, whereas having grown up in Assam, out of maybe every 10 bangladeshi living here mabe 1 or even less than 1 is a non muslim bangladeshi 

I am of opinion that Hindus have right to live in India. Indian was divided on the basis of religion so India is basically for Hindus. Many Hindus are coming from Pakistan government is also giving them citizenship in Rajasthan.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.