With the amount of backlogs in the Indian Justice system, do we need a immediate revamp of Judiciary...

After all justice delayed is justice denied. What do you think? What steps/reforms are needed?

Axomiya

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes we need immediate improvement in judiciary system. First step for it is to fill up post of Judges.

Digitizing cases by reducing paper work has started I think. Many laws were scrapped which were irrelevant to present times and new courts have been set up to fast track financial claims like the IBC. Much more to come though on Civil and Consumer Courts side.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Yes, we need some important changes immediately. We must decide case on time bound basis and if required increase the number of judges. We also need to reduce the number of appeals in the same courts in the name of number of judges.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes we certainly need to revamp the system. The courts still follow the pattern of working that the British did, even after 70 years of independence the judges and lawyers still need to take a summer vacation similar to schools when there are large number of cases pending and poor people dragging themselves from one date to another and spending large money that they actually need for basic necessities. Not speaking of many judges and lawyers who are quite corrupt and will do anything for money. The entire system needs rethinking and scrubbing.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51, Arunima Singh

As Epraneeth mentioned some positive steps have been taken but that is just a beginning. A lot needs to be done.

I also agree with Kalyani, the corrupt mindset has to go for the system to become swift and efficient.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I think Consumer Courts also take a lot of time to give their judgement which is why people don't choose it. Also there is a severe lack of awareness on consumer industry side and not much importance is paid to it atleast in the urban side. People just ignore that one product and bear the loss for one time that they may incur. Only in cases of serious issue like health hazards do they contemplate of filing a case which is also subdued due to lack of awareness.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

epraneeth77 wrote:

I think Consumer Courts also take a lot of time to give their judgement which is why people don't choose it. Also there is a severe lack of awareness on consumer industry side and not much importance is paid to it atleast in the urban side. People just ignore that one product and bear the loss for one time that they may incur. Only in cases of serious issue like health hazards do they contemplate of filing a case which is also subdued due to lack of awareness.

In my city consumer court is doing well. I read many time in news paper that they are giving decision well in time.

anil wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:

In my city consumer court is doing well. I read many time in news paper that they are giving decision well in time.

Nice! Generally I read that some compensation was asked to be paid to the consumer along with expenses incured by the consumer, but I have never read that the decision was given in time or that it took 14 or 15 days time. No time is mentioned so the general assumption I could go is it is slow. May be it is not. 

There is a time limit for cases on paper which is seldom followed mainly because of the number of cases filed often quite trivial and unnecessary. We need to have a system where cases are processed and filed based on merit unlike now . It is a good step that a family court has been introduced which takes care of domestic violence ,divorce and other family related matters . It is the civil cases relating to property disputes that drag on endlessly.. most of them  apparently end in compromise . So why not the courts have a system where the first step is a mediation and then file a case if it does not work. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
epraneeth77 wrote:

This plus time bound settlement or the favor should go in favor of the consumer. We should also have "Fair Play" scheme like in developed countries which punishes hard to erring companies.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.