Congress has decided to boycott television debates for next 30 days. In a healthy democracy, healthy public discourse is crucial. Without that, there is no democracy.

After huge defeat in recent Lok Sabha Elections, Congress party is going through big challenges within and outside the party and therefore it is understandable that party may initiate certain reforms but boycotting media cannot be the step in a democracy. Congress party is a political party and not private organisation and therefore it is duty of political parties to involve themselves into public discourse.

In my opinion, congress shall reconsider this decision at least for the sake of healthy democracy and to become a responsible opposition.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Going by their track record of gagging media,imposing emergency and following one family rule ,the Congress party has never been democratic. Now all the more reason because of their monumental defeat..If they had any  sense, they could have made matters better for themselves by humbly accepting defeat, introspect and also be more affable with the media and public by being a responsible opposition. But they need to show their immaturity and arrogance even at this stage and such an attitude can only lead to more downslides in the future.  

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Umang Shah

Congress has boycotted media, Mamta has boycotted oath ceremony, Lalu has boycotted food and others who have lost the elections should boycott the ill designs against the country and cooperate in the progress of the nation. The time has come when the public will boycott all these parties totally.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

True, this time people will not accept any kind of attention seeking and non democratic acts.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Thank you said by: suni51

Usha rightly pointed out that Congress never have been a democratic Party.  Even earlier they chose to ignore media channels which didn't go for headline management to show Rahul and Priyanka in good limelight.  They restricted themselves to channels like NDTV which clearly showed a bias towards them.  They did shy away from tough questions from other media channels. 

This is just drama season going on with Congress.  Drama of resignation,  boycotting media,  conflict getting wide between Sidhu and Captain and lot more. .There are enough in coming days to keep us entertained. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Whatever the case may be, India needs a responsible opposition which is not there for last five years. Even, after defeat in 2019, it was expected from congress that they will learn from the defeat that people have rejected their old politics of hatred, division, dynastic politics, appeasement of muslims and supporting tukde tukde gang to fight against Modi ji. But it seems that they haven't learn and therefore it will create trouble for tax payers money in parliament where again possibilities are there that congress may indulge in disruptive politics.

suni51 wrote:

Congress has boycotted media, Mamta has boycotted oath ceremony, Lalu has boycotted food and others who have lost the elections should boycott the ill designs against the country and cooperate in the progress of the nation. The time has come when the public will boycott all these parties totally.

Public did it some in this election and it is assured that public will do the rest in next election, Mamta is challenging constitution of country. Earlier she said that for her Modi in not PM. Looking she is stands on her words.

Considering that the media has acted very irresponsibly and hypocritically these past few years  and especially since Modi too up PM's office, it does serve them right. The media has mostly behaved in a manner that hardly fits with the image of what is supposed to be the fourth pillar of democracy. Now the master has spurned its own lackey! What next now?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Arunima Singh wrote:

Usha rightly pointed out that Congress never have been a democratic Party.  Even earlier they chose to ignore media channels which didn't go for headline management to show Rahul and Priyanka in good limelight.  They restricted themselves to channels like NDTV which clearly showed a bias towards them.  They did shy away from tough questions from other media channels. 

This is just drama season going on with Congress.  Drama of resignation,  boycotting media,  conflict getting wide between Sidhu and Captain and lot more. .There are enough in coming days to keep us entertained. 

I too feel that Amrinder Singh is probably  the one and tne only Congress man who is not a sycophant  like the others  at least not subservient  since he has been critical and opposed many decisions in tje past. If he is given the task of handling and leading the Congress party , it s bound to thrive. But the party is fixated and prefer to chop off tne legs in tneir bid to save and keep the head ( family) intact. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.