Born on 14th Feb 1952 in Haryana, Sushma Swaraj (then Sharma) was all setting up to make history! She was associated with Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) , student wing of RSS, and later joint the Janta Party. She graduated from Punjab University with a law degree after which she practiced as a Supereme Court lawyer.This further helped her in politics by having a good knowledge of law to help the government build a strong Nation. 

Her first step in politics was in 1977, when she was elected as a Member of Haryana Legislative Assembly from Ambala Cantt at the age of 25 by gaining around 64% of the votes. Thus recording her name as the youngest MP so far in the history of India. In 1984 she joint BJP and was appointed as the Secretary of the party for two years. She played an important link to strengthen BJP all over the country in the 1990s. 

During the govenment of Atal Bihari Vajpaye in 1996, she was appointed as the Minister of Information and Broadcasting. In 1999 she contested against Sonia Gandhi in Karnataka growing her political image, even though she lost. She is also remembered to be the first female CM. Other achievments of Sushma Swaraj include first ever female spokesperson of a national level political party, first woman union cabinet minister moreover she was honoured with Outstanding Parliamentarian Award in 2004, also becoming the first woman to recieve it. 

In 2009 , Sushma Swaraj became the first women leader of the opposition in our country, creating history once again. In 2014, under the Modi government she made place in the cabinet and taking charge of the external affairs ministry. In this 5year tenure she took various decisions that won hearts and applauded by all. Some of the things include - 

The case of Uzma Ahmad, the girl who was forced to marry at gunpoint in Pakistan. She went out of the way to ensure Uzma's safe return to India. She helped solve problems of Indians that were trapped anywhere on Earth, like Gurpreet Kaur who landed in a refugee camp in Germany with her 8year old daughter. She converted Twitter into her own MEA Helpline. 

Her last tweet on tuesday was of how glad she was on the revoking of article 370. She did not live long but had a life full of achievemnts and hardwork that is respected by everyone whether they are Indians or not. Such personalities create a void in the politics that will forever be remembered.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If I am not mistaken she was elected as MLA when she was 25 and made a cabinet minister in state assembly of Haryana. But she was ater fired because she supported the cause of striking labors. So she was youngest of MLAs and her husband was appointed as youngest governor of a state so their name is registered in Limca book of records as youngest couple to achieve this feet. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Harman Walia, Arunima Singh

My bad! Should have checked that confusion. 

She was a people's leader, easily connected with the masses without being standoffish like most of our leaders. That made her a very tall leader who people could look up . .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Also a bold spokesperson. The zeal with which she offered help to Indians was just astounding. 

Some of her remarkable speeches like the one that she delivered at UN will go down the history and make every Indian proud. She delivered efficiently at all responsibility that she had in her political journey. I never heard of her husband. Thanks Sunil for sharing that information. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.