Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

I have to buy a new car as my car is more than ten years old. I am having a good discussion with my husband over buying electric vehicle for me. Somehow he is not convinced and feels that it might have maintenance issue in future. Actually we have Innova ( my husband has it) which stands in parking most of the times and comes out rarely. I drive i10 and mostly use for short distance driving. I asked him to replace my car with electric car as that is the most used one. Husband uses office bus for commutation. In case of long drive, we can always go for our other car. But somehow he is not convinced. I am trying to explore more to convince him. SO any feedback from users here who have experience with electric car is welcome.

Since charging can also be done at home, I think it is worth exploring, especially when it is mainly used for short distances. Even in office we can recharge, if option exists.

I think it is important to zero down on a vehicle first and then try to woo with it's features and reviews online.

It also has less regulations I guess.

Cost may also be on his mind and hence I think it is important to get some quotations and compare with the Car that you generally buy in case of absence of Electric cars.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Yesterday I read about new electrical 2 wheeler launched by hero. After charging these can run only 60 KM and battery will take 4 hours in charging. Means we can use it 1.30 hours after charging 4 hours. I think no one like it. To make success electrical vehicles fast charging is must.

Electric vehicles are still 50 years away and not likely to sweep the market in our lifetime. 

Electric vehicles are some decades away as teh technology is not perfected. In my last visit to America, I learned that they are not interested in developing electric vehicles as they have fossil fuel for 100 years. Secondly, as an example electric vehicles are still rudimentary. I have a Mustang 8 cylinder that belts 500 BHP. can you think of any electric vehicle like that? I don't think one should invest in electric vehicles at this time maybe our children can try it.

MG Singh wrote:

Electric vehicles are still 50 years away and not likely to sweep the market in our lifetime. 

WE have to start from somewhere in this direction so why not start using them as city vehicles for smaller distance. I know no electrical car can compete with a petrol car in near future but we can't imagine a car with 5000 CC engine having 8 cylinders and with a maximum speed of 250 km/ph is any good in most Indian cities where an average speed is 15-20 km/ph that too if there is no traffic jam.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

WE have to start from somewhere in this direction so why not start using them as city vehicles for smaller distance. I know no electrical car can compete with a petrol car in near future but we can't imagine a car with 5000 CC engine having 8 cylinders and with a maximum speed of 250 km/ph is any good in most Indian cities where an average speed is 15-20 km/ph that too if there is no traffic jam.  

It is right that when we have not roads to drive car having speed 250 KM/PH, than what is benefit in investing on it. I can't say much about electrical 2 wheeler and car but three wheeler are increasing everyday.

anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

It is right that when we have not roads to drive car having speed 250 KM/PH, than what is benefit in investing on it. I can't say much about electrical 2 wheeler and car but three wheeler are increasing everyday.

Have you driven from Mumbai ( freeway) to Pune or Mumbai to Indore? You can touch 150km /hr with ease. In the city, even in New York or London, you can not drive more than 20-25 km/per hour.

MG Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Have you driven from Mumbai ( freeway) to Pune or Mumbai to Indore? You can touch 150km /hr with ease. In the city, even in New York or London, you can not drive more than 20-25 km/per hour.

I have driven from Sydney to Canberra 300 km in less than 3 hours and I have driven from Delhi to Jaipur 280 km in 7 hrs. I have driven on different highways like Meerut to Dehradun/Mussori/Haridwar and many more in good time. I agree I can't imagine driving in an electrical car on a highway. But I won't mind driving a REVA in a small city where I have to drive 10km from one side.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
suni51 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I have driven from Sydney to Canberra 300 km in less than 3 hours and I have driven from Delhi to Jaipur 280 km in 7 hrs. I have driven on different highways like Meerut to Dehradun/Mussori/Haridwar and many more in good time. I agree I can't imagine driving in an electrical car on a highway. But I won't mind driving a REVA in a small city where I have to drive 10km from one side.

Tesla Roadster is 100% electric car and has been proven to be very efficient as well as equally fast. They are soon expected to hit Indian market by next year as was declared by Elon Musk himself when he was in Chennai a few weeks ago. I admit though that it is going to be quite expensive initially and most people won't afford it but those who can, what is the harm in using them? I have seen Reva and I really like its compact and cute design/.I wouldn't kmind buying it myself.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51

I have driven Reva owned by my friend about two years before. According to my friend the cost of batteries which you have to replace after 300 charges makes owning an electric car a costly affair. Actually it costs more than petrol driven car in the end. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.