Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Before friends go of their rocker with statements like "winning the hearts of the locals". Read this piece by CNN> This is also a watered-down of what has happened.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/08/asia/kashmir-tibet-xinjiang-migration-intl-hnk/index.html

The Chinese have changed the demographic composition of the Muslim majority Uighurs in Sinkiang. 

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

We need to to take a leaf out of China's book. More and more people should be asked, I will say encouraged to settle in the valley.  As far as possible Army Soldiers and officers/ settlers must marry Kashmiri girls. Trouble makers need to be arrested and put in Prison in far away places like Andhra Pradesh. I am sure some results will come

What a weird proposition! LOL! The way you are proposing that army officers marry Kashmiri girls is actually disgusting. Who do you think those people are? Some kind of desperate, downtrodden, scrambling in the mud lot??? Do you not know that love marriages between different ethnic groups, races have to happen naturally? They cannot be forced. If forced, every ethnic group will fight tooth-and-nail to safegaurd and preserve their ethnicity. forcing such a thing is equivalent to what the Mughals and other Muslim invaders did around teh world

Also what you mentioned about Imran Khan succeeding to bring Kashmir to international notice is absolutely hokum. What kind of media do you watch? All Imran succeeded in doing is become a laughing stock of the world and is being portrayed as a beggar with a bowl. Who brought it to international notice is Modi, who has been working quietly all these last 5 years and garnering support from the world for this decision. Their support did not just come overnight. He has been working for it all this while. Troublemakers in Kashmir are already brought into Agra prison a month ago, you probably missed the news.

In stakes for a piece of the country, there is no limit. I have stated an obvious fact as to what happened in Tibet and Sinkiang.  3 of my articles are on global sites on this subject. I have given a CNN ref below. Please read it. Marrying Kashmiri girls can not be taboo. That's what Muslims did when they ruled India. You are aware of how they subdued Rajputana.

I don't think people understand what globalization means. It means when the attention of the world gets focussed on a subject. In the case of Kashmir, it was informally discussed in the SC after 54 years and now in the ongoing human rights conference, it is being discussed after 25 years.  In case restrictions are not lifted teh world is going to wake up and take notice. Thus it's better to act the way I have suggested in my earlier post. I understand this is going to be the bJP policy.

MG Singh wrote:

I don't think people understand what globalization means. It means when the attention of the world gets focussed on a subject. In the case of Kashmir, it was informally discussed in the SC after 54 years and now in the ongoing human rights conference, it is being discussed after 25 years.  In case restrictions are not lifted teh world is going to wake up and take notice. Thus it's better to act the way I have suggested in my earlier post. I understand this is going to be the bJP policy.

Apparently most of the restrictions have been lifted within the valley. However, visit yo the valley by others , even those Kashmiris living outside is still restricted as also outsiders and already questions are being raised about the house arrest of the leaders and how long can that continue? My own guess is that the center wants to make sure that people get used to the idea to the extent where the voice of descent from these leaders don't matter . They are bound to retaliate once they are free and may try their level best to disrupt normalcy.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

MG Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

We need to to take a leaf out of China's book. More and more people should be asked, I will say encouraged to settle in the valley.  As far as possible Army Soldiers and officers/ settlers must marry Kashmiri girls. Trouble makers need to be arrested and put in Prison in far away places like Andhra Pradesh. I am sure some results will come

What a weird proposition! LOL! The way you are proposing that army officers marry Kashmiri girls is actually disgusting. Who do you think those people are? Some kind of desperate, downtrodden, scrambling in the mud lot??? Do you not know that love marriages between different ethnic groups, races have to happen naturally? They cannot be forced. If forced, every ethnic group will fight tooth-and-nail to safegaurd and preserve their ethnicity. forcing such a thing is equivalent to what the Mughals and other Muslim invaders did around teh world

Also what you mentioned about Imran Khan succeeding to bring Kashmir to international notice is absolutely hokum. What kind of media do you watch? All Imran succeeded in doing is become a laughing stock of the world and is being portrayed as a beggar with a bowl. Who brought it to international notice is Modi, who has been working quietly all these last 5 years and garnering support from the world for this decision. Their support did not just come overnight. He has been working for it all this while. Troublemakers in Kashmir are already brought into Agra prison a month ago, you probably missed the news.

In stakes for a piece of the country, there is no limit. I have stated an obvious fact as to what happened in Tibet and Sinkiang.  3 of my articles are on global sites on this subject. I have given a CNN ref below. Please read it. Marrying Kashmiri girls can not be taboo. That's what Muslims did when they ruled India. You are aware of how they subdued Rajputana.

Marrying Kashmiri girls or of any another ethnicity is not a taboo. What we are talking about it is making it compulsory and mandatory. China did it with Uighurs or the Muslim invaders did it in India from 12th century onwards is because they were conquerors and did not come in peace. Their sole objective was to kill Hindus (Uighurs in China) and spread Islam. There is a difference here, a BIG difference. Where Kashmir is concerned, the state already belongs to us and has been with us from time immemorial. It was originally very much a Hindu state which became Muslim majority later on. In the recent past, because of lack of apathy of congress, a lot of encouragement by some congressis, Hindus were ousted out of Kashmir. The point is now to send the Hindus back to their rightful homes, settle more Hindus from other states and provide them with security and livelihood. For that to happen, young people need to be settled as they have energy and youth to sustain in a tense environment. Settling retired army officers will only bring elderly crowd except, of course, if they retire at a young age. The point is not to convert Muslims to Hindu religion by enforcing marriages.

Also you seem very keen to see marriages between Kashmiri girls with others, I wonder why that is! That is the kind of exact mentality which will alienate them more. Also, I do not trust CNN as a media. I prefer India TV which is more thoughtful and educative medium and reports the ground reality as it is.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Apparently most of the restrictions have been lifted within the valley. However, visit yo the valley by others , even those Kashmiris living outside is still restricted as also outsiders and already questions are being raised about the house arrest of the leaders and how long can that continue? My own guess is that the center wants to make sure that people get used to the idea to the extent where the voice of descent from these leaders don't matter . They are bound to retaliate once they are free and may try their level best to disrupt normalcy.

Are you aware that just last week, an open meeting session was undertaken between the new J&K Governor Satyapal Malik along with the Sarpanchs and village heads from all the villages and towns in J&K?? It was broadcast on India TV and many of the sarpanchs, especially from hostile border villages were interviews, all of whom expressed positive views regarding the changes happening in the state and professed their loyalty towards India and the direction in which the country is heading towards. Even many of the young men who were among the stone pelters have welcomed it and vowed to work towards making the state better, confessing that they had been led astray by a few who want to keep dissent for their selfish gains. So saying that they are bound to retaliate once free of restrictions is not fair. There would be a few who would cause trouble, I agree, but the restrictions are in place more to keep the fake news and videos from spreading everywhere which are being released by Pakistanis.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@ Kalyani , I am totally aware of what is going on in Kashmir. However, what we get to see and hear is what is being given to us by Ajit Doval and other governmental sources since there is no free press as yet but efforts are being made with some positive outcome . I guess you dint read and understand my post fully because I was referring to the imprisoned leaders who are bound to retaliate once they are released  and they do have a large support base who would support them. It is better to be forewarned and expect the worst rather than be complacent at this stage. We have a long way to go before thongs normalize in Kashmir , that's for sure.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Once I read in news paper that Kashmir have 212 separatists. It is better to keep them house arrest for some more month. When peoples of valley begins to feel that we are better now than it will right time to release them.. Yesterday I watched on TV that central government will buy 12 lacs millon tones apple in valley and it will  buy from their gardens. Money is much powerful. 

usha manohar wrote:

@ Kalyani , I am totally aware of what is going on in Kashmir. However, what we get to see and hear is what is being given to us by Ajit Doval and other governmental sources since there is no free press as yet but efforts are being made with some positive outcome . I guess you dint read and understand my post fully because I was referring to the imprisoned leaders who are bound to retaliate once they are released  and they do have a large support base who would support them. It is better to be forewarned and expect the worst rather than be complacent at this stage. We have a long way to go before thongs normalize in Kashmir , that's for sure.

Usha@ I agree with you. Many people who are not aware of ground reality try and simplify everything.  All said and done Mehbooba, Omar, etc do have some support base and they will create trouble for the Indian government.  I don't think restrictions will be lifted in the valley for a long time but then if these restrictions continue for too long then the world may revise its stand. As it is Trump is doing some rethinking as he needs Pak support for a solution in Afghanistan.

I have already mentioned how China solved the problem of its restive provinces. There is no other way. Homilies by a few will lead nowhere.

I think if we go far strong handed tactics the situation would become worse than what we can handle. Keeping the separatists under house arrest might cause a little whispering around but marrying and converting Kashmiri girls will stir up the whole world particularly the Muslim world and then the situation would go out of hands. As far Trump is concerned, he is a businessman who would wage his tail once we give him a few bucks (read throw some bread toward him). I think the government is right if hiding few facts from public but as far press is concerned they have their own sources and know the exact info. If they are keeping mum that's in country's interest.    

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.