Education is helpful for the development of human being. But in todays scenario in India more and more schools are growing which take huge donations to take admit our kids. It seems like they are selling education. In some private schools the staff is not much qualified or experienced, but they charge high in name and fame. So do you think education system in India be changed.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Of course, education system here is in a bad shape. It needs revamping. But, for this, it's not only the schools , but the parents and the government also to be blamed.
Thank you said by: Manoj lamba
It needs change, it needs to be more practical oriented in order to create small and medium entrepreneurs. :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

It needs to increase the risk taking abilities in individuals and should not reward cramming but understanding.
Offering sops and selling the seats and reservations should be stopped. Merit should be the sole criteria for selection of a student.
Money power plays a big role in getting seats even if one has good marks. I read that in TN a medical seat is going for Rs 2 crores in private colleges.
Money power plays a big role in getting seats even if one has good marks. I read that in TN a medical seat is going for Rs 2 crores in private colleges.

It's the same here. Buy any seat with money in any college. Education has become a lucrative business.

It's the same here. Buy any seat with money in any college. Education has become a lucrative business.

No doubt increasing number of Indian students are taking admissions abroad where they get their course of choice and it many times is cheaper than costs in India. I know a father who sent his son to study for his 11th and12th equivalent school course abroad as he said he can get admission without hassle in a good college and cost will also be less. He succeeded and both are today doctors abroad.
Definitely, education system and the syllabus needs to be revamped. Schools add this "international" term and equip schools and classrooms with a/c...and other modern amenities and expect parents to pay. They really don't bother to recruit qualified teacher. Schools are mushrooming without any proper affiliation and are solely run on by people who take it up as a new and flourishing business.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Definitely, education system and the syllabus needs to be revamped. Schools add this "international" term and equip schools and classrooms with a/c...and other modern amenities and expect parents to pay. They really don't bother to recruit qualified teacher. Schools are mushrooming without any proper affiliation and are solely run on by people who take it up as a new and flourishing business.

I give lectures in marketing subjects in the University here and some other Institutes. I have many times been approached by Institutes who are charging heavy fees from students but pay a pittance to faculties. Some of these institutes are run by builders whose reason to do so is different and education is incidental. Students pass with very high grades but find it very difficult to get jobs. It is a racket but goes on with impunity. However there is an acute shortage of good teachers and good institutes pay also handsomely.
I know.. teachers were never paid a handsome amount. I believe that is the reason why becoming a teacher is seen as the last resort by many.

Yes, quality of education matters..not some flowery high sounding schools for a child to grow up and land a job.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.