In the online and internet media how to ensure that our passwords are not stolen or done away with. Also how to know whether in a smartphone any transaction is secure or not as no green https is shown on login page in mobile sites. Are they reliable. Also it is said that Android phones are vulnerable to these... Is it true...?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am not much sure about how it works on a smartphone because even though I own a smartphone I do all my financial transactions on my desktop as I find it easier to navigate. But even if you do use a smartphone, I think the websites need to be secure with https when you access them. If they were not displayed, I would stay away from them. Have you installed a good security software on your phone? I use 360 security and it is quite good.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There are many questions here in this thread let me attend one by one. It is better to avoid public computers. Public computers are shared computers so yours passwords ought to be stolen. If one use it then sign out email account and then remove all traces of internet from browser. It is better to use it in incognito mode so that with the closing of web browser all traces of internet such as cookies and offline files will be erased. In smartphone especially with android phones go to its settings, then security and then untick application installation from unknown sources, then tick on verify apps and installed specific financial transaction app from Google Play Store only. Google uses sandboxing technology to remove all traces of hackers. All apps downloaded form Google Play Store are compulsory to be written with HTTPS protocol so you do not worry about secrecy of online transaction with apps. If you have downloaded apps from other sources such as amazon or proprietary apps then be careful of it. If you are doing financial transactions with android phone then you should not lend your phone to anybody. beware of shoulder surfing while doing financial transactions for any website in public internet cafes. Android phones are securest phones provided one ought to know about its nodes of securities.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, epraneeth77

In my view carrying Cash transactions and divulging credit card numbers are not at alll safe and secure. Hackers are coming up with new hacking methods everyday. Even the best and secure sites are vulnerable to hacking.

It is wise to connect mobile number with debit cards and internet banking, as one more step of receiving code in yours designated number and then putting that number before sanctioning of payment is better way and the safest way, otherwise, in internet today I read an article of a person who lost huge amounts of money within 24 minutes. It is all about internet knowledge about cyber security that matters the most.

I agree with you. There may be foolproof methods for safety, but they are short lived.

mohan manohar wrote:

There are many questions here in this thread let me attend one by one. It is better to avoid public computers. Public computers are shared computers so yours passwords ought to be stolen. If one use it then sign out email account and then remove all traces of internet from browser. It is better to use it in incognito mode so that with the closing of web browser all traces of internet such as cookies and offline files will be erased. In smartphone especially with android phones go to its settings, then security and then untick application installation from unknown sources, then tick on verify apps and installed specific financial transaction app from Google Play Store only. Google uses sandboxing technology to remove all traces of hackers. All apps downloaded form Google Play Store are compulsory to be written with HTTPS protocol so you do not worry about secrecy of online transaction with apps. If you have downloaded apps from other sources such as amazon or proprietary apps then be careful of it. If you are doing financial transactions with android phone then you should not lend your phone to anybody. beware of shoulder surfing while doing financial transactions for any website in public internet cafes. Android phones are securest phones provided one ought to know about its nodes of securities.

Thank you for such detailed and concrete suggestions uncle. So, does that mean that in Android phones we should do all transactions with Google Play Store apps to be secure. Is that the ultimate understanding...?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

mohan manohar wrote:

It is wise to connect mobile number with debit cards and internet banking, as one more step of receiving code in yours designated number and then putting that number before sanctioning of payment is better way and the safest way, otherwise, in internet today I read an article of a person who lost huge amounts of money within 24 minutes. It is all about internet knowledge about cyber security that matters the most.

I use codes for gmail login and have set in my desktop to not ask codes so that in case i lose my mobile i can directly login and remove the codes option so that i can login directly. Can i know how to connect mobile numbers with debit cards and internet banking and in which way it will serve our purpose in transactions..

If we lose our account password, to which mail id can we forward the matter so that it is blocked...?

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
epraneeth77 wrote:

If we lose our account password, to which mail id can we forward the matter so that it is blocked...?

I will exemplify my response.

I lost the pass word of Yahoo mail. Then I inform Yahoo.com that i want to change my pass word. For doing this, when it asks for mail ID, i will say i forgot my mail ID. Then the site itself provide a provision for new pass word. Naturally your old password will not be valid.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

If you lose password of yours Gmail account, as I am talking here about Gmail, then you have the recovery email address while registering gmail, so send email from that address to google help and within two days yours identity will be asked for, if you have two factor authentication system then provide the android or apple phone number with authenticator application code at the time you write email and then if you have not enabled this then, you have to provide photocopy of yours identity through recovery email id. 

Thank you said by: epraneeth77
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.