Following are the few important wildlife Sanctuaries in India :-

1) Bhimgad Wildlife Sanctuary:- It is a protected area in Western Ghats, Khanapur in Belgaum District, Karnataka. Tropical and Subtropical moist broad-leaf forests are found here. Barapede caves, which is the only known for Wroughton's free tailed bat is found here. Bhimgad Fort is also situated in this area.

2) Netravali Wildlife Sanctuary , Goa:- Netravali river is tributary of river Zuari. Moist deciduous, evergreen & semi evergreen forests are found here. Gaur, Malabar giant squirrel, 4 horned antelope, leopard and black sloth bear are some of the animals found here.

3) Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, Karnataka:- It is a part of Anshi National Park / Tiger reserve. MAny birds such as great Indian hornbill, grat pied hornbill, Malabar pied hornbill are found here. Muntjac which is also known as barking deer is also found here.

4) Bhagwaan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem national Park, Goa:-It is situated in Western Ghats. Dudhsagar falls which is India's tallest fall is also found here. Temples from Kadamba dynasty can be found here. West coast tropical evergreen forest, west coast semi evergreen forests & moist deciduous forests are found in this region. Black panther, barking deer, bengal tiger, leopard, bonnet macaque,flying squirrel and porcupine are some of the animals found here.  

5) Bhitarkanika National Park:-It is situated in Kendrapara, Odisha:-It is a Ramsar site and second largest Mangrove ecosystem in India. Sundarbans is the largest mangrove forest in the world. Saltwater crockodile, Indian Python, Kind cobra, Black ibis are some of the animals found here.Rivers which flow through Bhitarkanika NAtional Park are - Brahmani, Baitarani, Dhamra and Pathsala.

6) Radhanagari Wildlife Sanctuary:- It is also known as Bison Sanctuary since gaur or bison is found here in abundance. This wildlife sanctuary is situated in Western Ghats and is also declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is a good article. it fits well into article section rather than in forum one. But unfortunately it is not functional at this time.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: arjun sai

Very informative and detailed ...thanks a lot . I am yet to visit any of the wild life sanctuaries outside of Karnataka. I have visted a few in Karnatak , which inccidentally has several, Bhadra sanctuary, Bandipur, Nagara hole , Kudremukh and Dandeli are the ones I have visited.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You forgot to adds to more name of wild life  Sanctuaries of Rajasthan, Sawaymadhopur and Sariska, these are famous for tigers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sariska_Tiger_Reserve

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranthambore_National_Park

anil wrote:

You forgot to adds to more name of wild life  Sanctuaries of Rajasthan, Sawaymadhopur and Sariska, these are famous for tigers.

I will try to add these in the next post :-D

arjun sai wrote:
anil wrote:

You will have many more to add from each part of the country. Usha had mentioned a few only from Karnataka. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
arjun sai wrote:
anil wrote:

You will have many more to add from each part of the country. Usha had mentioned a few only from Karnataka. 

Surely will try to add all the major ones. This might be useful for the students who want brief information about them.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.