Gone are those days when we needed Radios, Tap recorder/ recorder or TV to listen music. Today, we just need to connect our mobile devises with ear plug and the music will be on! Everyone is connected with music and listen according to their choice and selection. Some likes old songs, some new, some like rock music and some classical. But do we know that we never try to enjoy complete music. What we enjoy is just lyric, tune and vocal, we never try to find what other instruments are playing in the background.

I know not everyone would listen so deeply but believe me if you concentrate little more towards other musical instruments played in that song/music, you can enjoy your music completely.

Just few years back a film came “SUR”. I am so much impressed by the way Violin played on each song specially the song “Kabhi shaam dhale…”. At the end of this song there were Jugalbandi between Drums and Violin that was really amazing to feel.

Please share your experience when you liked any particular musical instruments tune in any song.

Regards

Jeets

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

When I hear a song I watch how different music instruments are played to contribute to the harmony of the melody as a whole. And I also pay rapt attention for those instruments which are regularly used by some Music directors. For example O.P. Nayyar uses frequently Clairinet. Similarly Shankar -Jaikishen use Accordion and Mandolin frequently.

Above all, I myself am a percussion instrumentalit. I play from Duff  to Dholak to Jazz Drums.

Gone are those days when we needed Radios, Tap recorder/ recorder or TV to listen music. Today, we just need to connect our mobile devises with ear plug and the music will be on! Everyone is connected with music and listen according to their choice and selection. Some likes old songs, some new, some like rock music and some classical. But do we know that we never try to enjoy complete music. What we enjoy is just lyric, tune and vocal, we never try to find what other instruments are playing in the background.

I know not everyone would listen so deeply but believe me if you concentrate little more towards other musical instruments played in that song/music, you can enjoy your music completely.

Just few years back a film came “SUR”. I am so much impressed by the way Violin played on each song specially the song “Kabhi shaam dhale…”. At the end of this song there were Jugalbandi between Drums and Violin that was really amazing to feel.

Please share your experience when you liked any particular musical instruments tune in any song.

Very true, people have their own way of appreciating a song or for that matter any kind of music...In my opinion, one cannot like a song unless you appreciate everything about it - the lyrics, tune the background music and if it is a film song , a great picturisation further enhances its impact.Some songs stand out because of their picturisation .Many of the old songs are timeless and one wold never get fed up of them in their life time, in fact they become part and parcel of your life, like a much loved family heirloom...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Hariprasad  Chaurasia, the flautist  came for a concert in SagarUtsav, Vizag  which was organized by me as  PR manager,, . When the concert started. He has sent the whole audience in to a trance with his magical rendition of flute. Besides being a great flautist , Hariprasad was great at interacting with his co musicians, Tabla and Sarangi players while the concert is in progress. He gives them space for jugalbandi.. And this jugalbandi turns in to a battle of musical instruments that sends the audience in to raptures.

THE HUSSAIN SAHAB is my all time favourite , yes its true gone are the days of silent and ear pleasing songs these are the days of rock and pop music but one way we get along with the old songs and old instrument music,is through internet 

bhuyali saroj

Ok. you expressed your opinion. What I feel is even now Melodious songs are well favored.  in these days.

Yes, true though people have their liking of different kind of music but majority is for those who like melodious song which are still on. 

@Rambabu, It is really nice to have a musician around us, great to know that.

@Usha, you are absolutely right that a song/music gets popular when everything is attached with that music. Old songs are still favourite because they have everything on it also those days song were composed based on Ragas. So, Raga has different affect on people, nowadays it is very few songs are composed based on ragas.  

Regards

Jeets

Thank you said by: usha manohar

I was sent with a musical group to the Indo-Pak border during the war to entertain the Jawans at the Border. Music is my Passion. . Once it was a profession too. But I left and confined to my home entertaining my family and friends once in a while.

Jeets wrote:

Yes, true though people have their liking of different kind of music but majority is for those who like melodious song which are still on. 

@Rambabu, It is really nice to have a musician around us, great to know that.

@Usha, you are absolutely right that a song/music gets popular when everything is attached with that music. Old songs are still favourite because they have everything on it also those days song were composed based on Ragas. So, Raga has different affect on people, nowadays it is very few songs are composed based on ragas.  

Certain songs also become part of your memories and each time you listen to these songs you get transported back to those memories...To give an example , I heard the song Koya koya chand when I was a child probably 4 or 5 years , playing in a restaurant in Bangalore and my father was with me holding my hand and I was impressed by the song and until today I go back to that memory when I listen to that song...Good music is very powerful !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Certain songs made such an impact on my mind that i even remember and sing along with the intro notes. Awara hoon and Dam Dam Digha are but two examples of such songs. Whenever these songs I hear I used to sing along with their musical notes orally Tara Rm Pum, Tara Rumpam Tara Rumpam. Such is the impact of good songs.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.