Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree that it was one of the best ever films made in the history of Hindi Cinema and is incomparable .. Since it is a period film even the worst critics  cannot  point fingers at any of the aspects. One of the best scenes in the films is the picturisation of the song Pyar kiya to darna kya...Madhubalas beauty, expressions and her whole presence made it very special..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

All aspects of this movie contributed to its greatness. Besides Pyar Kiya T ..., Zindabad, Hai Muhabbat Zindabad pictured on Dilip and Prithvi Raj are etched deep on the hearts of the viewers.

rambabu wrote:

All aspects of this movie contributed to its greatness. Besides Pyar Kiya T ..., Zindabad, Hai Muhabbat Zindabad pictured on Dilip and Prithvi Raj are etched deep on the hearts of the viewers.

Zindabad zindabad is actually sung by  the actor who played the role of the sculptor, he sings the song in the film.. although they do show Dilip Kumar and Prithviraj Kapoor in the song sequence 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZJOv0iGq8o

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree. The sculptor role was enacted by Kumar..

NO doubt at all THE YUSUF KHAN is the grand father of INDIAN cinema and he is not said to be grand father of INDIAN cinema like that only, his works and passion of doing acting makes him   

bhuyali saroj

Yusuf Khan is not the father or grand father of Indian cinema. Dadasaheb Phalke is the father of Indian cinema.

sorry but i don't mean that i mean that YUSUF KHAN or DILIP KUMAR is the grand father of method acting. He is the grand father of method acting which today's actor follow  

bhuyali saroj

Dilip Kumar being a grand father of Method acting is not relevant to this post. It's about Mughal E Azam. Better talk about the Movie in the thread and its finer aspects.

The movie, its cast and the lovely sets, are all iconic and a milestone in the Indian cinema. The songs are still so appealing and refreshing.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Mughal E Azam is a text book on Film craft. It has embraced all the aspects of classic value. That's why it stood the test of time and became an immortal movie in the Indian film industry.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.