Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@Shampa, you have shared a beautiful video. The music inspires us and makes us feel the real spirit of patriotism. Watching the scenes and hearing the breath-taking full version of Jana Gana Mana, I hope it is going to be a wonderful movie. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

@usha manohar That's great! That means we have a common liking. Nayak is too good and Uttam Kumar was at his peak at that time. I have not watched Sathi Hara so I have no idea about it but the other movies are really nice. Amanush and Anand Ashram are bilinguals and I have watched them in both the languages. The thread started with National Anthem then it led to Bengali movie and that discussion cannot be completed without the mention of Uttam Kumar.

@rambabu You have mentioned Saptapadi and I think no Bengali would say that they did not like the movie and the x-factor of the movie is the song on a bike. That sequence is simply unforgettable and has made the lead pair immortal in the world of Bengali cinema. 

shampasaid

The Movie Rajkahani is expected to be released in the month of October. I think it can be seen in YouTube also

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

@usha manohar That's great! That means we have a common liking. Nayak is too good and Uttam Kumar was at his peak at that time. I have not watched Sathi Hara so I have no idea about it but the other movies are really nice. Amanush and Anand Ashram are bilinguals and I have watched them in both the languages. The thread started with National Anthem then it led to Bengali movie and that discussion cannot be completed without the mention of Uttam Kumar.

I must have watched Amanush a few times and Uttam Kumar brings tears to your eyes in some scenes with his restrained acting ...in the song Amanush  banake choda on the boat !

Here is a link that gives 5 stanzas of the National anthem and the English traslation for those of us who cannot understand Bengali.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/the-forgotten-stanzas-of-jana-gana-mana-464590

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I lust listened to the song and it has been rendered quite beautifully and the lyrics are so touching, at the same time, they paint such a dismal picture of darkness and despair and the next, they show a glimmer of light and hope! Beautiful music !

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.