Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

the first superstar of bollywood sir. Rajesh khanna made very tough roles in Indian films and stays on the heart of millions of people in India, i too am a big fan of his i love his Alag Alag and avatar the most.

bhuyali saroj

Rajesh Khanna acted in a couple of old black and white films and I have seen Baharon ke sapne with Asha Parekh which was shot in black and white and also Aakhri Khat which was a very absorbing and touching film produced by Chetan Anand. Had very melodious music by Khayyam !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Rajesh khanna one of the favourite actor of Indians, his slow dancing steps won the heart of many Indian, i usually want to hear his film songs which are outstanding.

be happy and try to smile in a sticky situation of life 

usha manohar wrote:

Rajesh Khanna acted in a couple of old black and white films and I have seen Baharon ke sapne with Asha Parekh which was shot in black and white and also Aakhri Khat which was a very absorbing and touching film produced by Chetan Anand. Had very melodious music by Khayyam !

I didn't seen both movie. Anand is also black and white film but know it is colored. Rajesh Khanna done two best film of his carrier with Asha Parkeh, Kati Patang and AAn Milo Sajna. I read in interview of Asha Parekh that later Khanna refuse film with Asha because of her age.

Very few of Rjesh Khanna's movies were directed by South Directors. Under the direction of a Tamil director Jambu. Apna Desh a movie based on a successful Telugu Movie, kathanayakudu in Hindi was produced.

. Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz enacted the lead roles. RD's Musical score was a tremendous hit with songs like Duniya Mein logon ko dhoka... Suno champa

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I didn't seen both movie. Anand is also black and white film but know it is colored. Rajesh Khanna done two best film of his carrier with Asha Parkeh, Kati Patang and AAn Milo Sajna. I read in interview of Asha Parekh that later Khanna refuse film with Asha because of her age.

One can believe that because he was apparently quite old fashioned in his thinking having done his level best to stop his wife Dimple from taking up acting .. While Kati Patang was a good role for him, Aan milo sajna was just an entertainer without much depth in it, nothing compared his older films ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

One can believe that because he was apparently quite old fashioned in his thinking having done his level best to stop his wife Dimple from taking up acting .. While Kati Patang was a good role for him, Aan milo sajna was just an entertainer without much depth in it, nothing compared his older films ..

He was quite old fashioned in many ways, not just he tried to stop Dimple but he was quite egoistic and had grown the superstar attitude which really was the cause of his downfall. Unlike Amitabh Bachchan who is so humble and gentle and so he is still the star in the eyes of his fans.But that part aside, Rajesh Khanna was really the pioneer of films with larger than life heroes, earlier films portrayed heroes as more simpler with which a common man could relate to.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Rajesh Khanna, after a series Mega Hits, success has gone to his head. He failed miserably In handling success. He thought that he will remain as Super star forever. He took to bottle and ultimately he died of Liver cancer. Where as Amitabh Bachchan is a picture of humility. He treated both success and failure alike. That's why even today he's in much demand.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

He was quite old fashioned in many ways, not just he tried to stop Dimple but he was quite egoistic and had grown the superstar attitude which really was the cause of his downfall. Unlike Amitabh Bachchan who is so humble and gentle and so he is still the star in the eyes of his fans.But that part aside, Rajesh Khanna was really the pioneer of films with larger than life heroes, earlier films portrayed heroes as more simpler with which a common man could relate to.

It is also our own society that lifts the celebrities up to a demi god status that makes the super stars become so arrogant. They begin to think that they really are super special beings who can get away with anything ..

This reminds me an incident, that took place very long ago. At that time, the  top most actors reigning supreme in the Telugu Movie Industry were N. T. Rama Rao and Nageswara Rao. Just after the release of Patal Bhairavi, a very big Box Office hit, I overheard an interesting discussion between two groups. N.T. Rama Rao, who acted as the hero in the said movie was  being  praised  for his heroic deeds in the movie by the N. T. Rama Rao fans. Reacting to the incident, Nageswara Rao fans said, that it was nothing. And added, that had it been, Nageswara Rao, he would have done more adventurous and thrilling deeds. Needless to say, the discussion led to a big fight. Police had to intervene. This is how people lift these actors  in to a demigod.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.