Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
sarala wrote:

Actually Mohammad Rafi used to sing songs by seeing a begger. At that time he is a little boy. Once he sang songs for fun then he got an opportunity to sing and give audition. So immediately he went to mumbai and gave audition and even got selected. but he has no money with him after got selected. When this was known by his boss, his boss asked him why don't he ask money then Rafi said there is onemore line left to sing. Till the song complete i cannot ask money. This impressed his boss and he paid rafi with full amount.

This reminds me  a famous song sung by  Rafi and Aasha in the movie Vachan. Busic composure was Ravi. The song was, Ek Paisa dede Babu, O jaanewale Babu...

Listening to Rafi does not give you the feeling that you are listening to songs sung 40-50 years ago. They seem relevant today also. That is the magical quality of his voice.

Rafi's songs are all time relevant.If you hear songs like 'Baharon Phool Barsao... from the Movie Suraj, you will feel as if , it was composed and released today. Another unique trait in Rafi's voice is adaptability to suit  the voice of the actor for whom he is singing. For example ,If you hear 'Sar Jo tera Chakaraye, picturized on Johnny Walker, you feel as if Johnny Walker is singing

Rafi sang for Dilip Kumar and Dev Anand but not many songs for Raj Kapoor..In fact there are very few songs sang by Rafi for Raj Kapoor since Mukesh was identified as Raj Kapoors voice right from the early days of his career .. 

One of the most famous and popular songs that Rafi sang for Raj Kapoor was a duet with Suraiya Tarari aarari aarari from the film Dastaan. In fact all the songs from this film were sung by Rafi ! Other than that Do ustaad with Madhubala was another film which had music by OPN and all the songs for Raj Kapoor  were rendered by Rafi .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Rafi's voice was used by OP. Nayyar in many movies. Of course  Mukesh sang for Rajkapoor in most of the Movies. Exception was Do Ustad, a Raj Kapoor, madhubala starrer. Rafi sang for Raj kappor. EERA Rarka, Worli Ka Naka... is one og the songs. Hemant Kumar sang for Dev. The interlude bits were played by RD on Mouth Organ in the song, Hai Apna Dil...

i have seen long back a movie in which Kishore has sung all playback songs and acted also. However the song pictured on Kishore is sung in playback by Md Rafi!! The song is I think is"ajab hai dastaan teri yeh zindagi --' I could be wrong also.

That was Raagini, in which Rafi sang for Kishore.

Rafi's voice was used by OP. Nayyar in many movies. Of course  Mukesh sang for Rajkapoor in most of the Movies. Exception was Do Ustad, a Raj Kapoor, madhubala starrer. Rafi sang for Raj kappor. EERA Rarka, Worli Ka Naka... is one og the songs. Hemant Kumar sang for Dev. The interlude bits were played by RD on Mouth Organ in the song, Hai Apna Dil...

You are parroting my post in the first half and the rest is disjointed ..not sure how Dev anand and Hemant kumar come in probably found its way from some link online !

However the song pictured on Kishore is sung in playback by Md Rafi!! The song is I think is"ajab hai dastaan teri yeh zindagi --' I could be wrong also.

This song was from the film Shararat which had Kishore Kumar playing a double role ( Meena Kumari and Kum Kum) and one of them had Kishore singing for himseland the other had Rafi singing..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: vijay, Kalyani Nandurkar

Whatever I said is related to the thread. Rafi sang for Kishore not only in Shararat, but also in raagini. The song was Man Mora Baawara.

Rafi has sung several songs for Kishore Kumar in films like Bhagam Bhag , Pyar Diwana,Apna haath Jaganath ,  Baghi Shehzada etc..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.