Usha Khanna passed away at the age of  75 on the 17th of July 2016.

Usha Khanna was probably one of the few female music composers of Hindi cinema , starting her career at a very young age. She was just 18 when she composed music for her first film Dil Dekhe Dekho which was a chart buster and after that she composed music for many films which went on to become very popular. She had a very close association with Rafi giving him some of his career best songs like Hum aur tum aur yeh sama, Teri galiyon mein, Maine raka hai muhobat, Haye tabassum tera, Hum tum se juda ho kar, Tu is tarah se meri zindgi mein.. She composed music for 126 films .

Some of the films that had popular music composed by Usha Khanna

Dil Dekhe Dekho , Shabnam, Hum Hindustani, Ek Sapera Ek lutera, Honeymoon, Bin phere hum tere, Souten etc..

https://theyouthmagazine.com/the-third-female-music-director-in-the-indian-film-industry-usha-khanna-passes-away/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Madhuban khushboo deta hai, sagar sawan deta hai, jeena uska jeena hai jo auro ko jeevan deta hai.

Another one of her masterpiece. May her soul rest in peace Amen.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

She passed away last month? Really sad but this was not highlighted anywhere in the news! She was, I think, the first music composer in Bollywood? I am not sure, but she was really a brilliant composer. May her soul rest in peace.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Usha Khanna Composed several melodious songs. I like her compositions in Hum Hindustan, like Neeli Neeli Ghata, Hum jab Chale to etc.

Songs like Dil deke Dekho .., .. Pyaar Ki kasam hai.. are my ever favorite songs. I observed some similarities in composing style and usage of instruments like Clarinet are there between Usha Khanna and OP. Nayyar.

RIP

@usha manohar I got to know this sad news right now from your thread. Now, I have opened another tab and listening to her songs on youtube. May her soul rest in peace!

shampasaid

Very sad before some days I read her interview, she said that she is composing music for film of Sawan Kumar Tak, who is also husband of her.

This article is claming that Usha Khanna was 89 year old?, ans also writing of husban some one Khanna. It may possible that Sawan Kumar is her second husband.

Sawan Kumatr had  written most of Usha Khanna's songs. Usha Khanna will be remembered for her well composed and well  rendered songs like, Shayad Mer Shaadi Ka khaya.. Hum Jab Chale To etc .She received Filmfare Award for Best Music Director for the Movie " Souten "

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.