Most of the time we concentrate on the popular and well known actors  of both old and  present times. A film cannot run simply because of one star since, it requires many other credits like a good story line, catchy songs, and supporting actors and actresses who add quality to the film.

Right until the eighties there would be many strong supporting actors who were as important to the film as the leading stars and the villains. Some were even more powerful and more respected than heroes and heroines , playing both lead roles and character roles like for example Balraj Sahni , Utpal Dutt , Aruna Irani , .. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Utpal Dutt was one of my favourite star. I cannot forget his performance in Golmal. By saying so I would also like to name Ashok Kumar in Khoobsurat. Rohini Hattangadi is one of my favourite female supporting actresses. 

shampasaid

Pran. Versatility is his second name.His appearance as a villain  on the screen used to create chills in the back bone As  a hero to character actor to Comedian  reveals his versatility and his Histrionic Prowess.I like the song, pictured on him " Khasme Vaade .... " in Upkaar and sung by Manna Dey.

Mangal Chacha in Upkaar.

Both Utpal Dutt and Pran have done a variety of roles and are both extremely talented and natural actors. Prans comic role in Victoria 203 along with Ashok Kumar was a treat to watch. Utpal Dutt has so many films to his credit - Kisise Na kehena, Shaukeen, .. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Pran's acting in almost all RK Movies are highly commendable. I remember still vividly his dialogue addressing RK,

" Kyoon Re, Yeh Tera Aankh Hai ya Kanch Ki Goliyan."

Pran was fabulous in the song sequence 'Yaari hai imaan mera yaar meri zindagi' in Zanjeer. His performance, his get up and expression all made the song hit along with the voice of Manna Dey 

shampasaid

My favorite supporting actors are Anupam Kher, Balraj Sahni, Rohini Hattangadi, Sulabha Deshpande and so many others. Even Amjad Khan was a great actor besides being famous as a villain. I really like his performance in Chameli ki Shaadi.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I too love Anupam Kher. His subtle sense of humor made me his ardent Fan. His action in Dilwale Dulhaniyan Lejayenge is simply fabulous.

Anupam Kher is also one of my favourites. I consider him as an actor of all genre. Even Boman Irani is a treat to watch. I think no one can forget his performance in 3 Idiots. 

shampasaid

Boman Irani is widely known for comedic and villain roles. I liked his roles in Don and Munnabhai MBBS and of course 3 Idiots.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Anupam Kher is also one of my favourites. I consider him as an actor of all genre. Even Boman Irani is a treat to watch. I think no one can forget his performance in 3 Idiots. 

Yes, Boman Irani is a great actor and also I really like Vinay Pathak although I doubt if you could just call him a supporting actor. His performance of an idiotic buffoon in Bheja Fry or Chalo Delhi was simply superb and the entire film revolved around his character. Then there is Irrfan Khan too!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.