Tomorrow, 2 June is death anniversary of Raj kapoor. Share your memory about him and his movies to pay tribute.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Raj Kapoor was one of the biggest entertainer. In my childhood, I remembered watching documentary about him in which it was mentioned that his films were very popular in former USSR. In fact, many male newborns were given the name as Raj.

Though most of his films are entertaining, I enjoyed kal aaj aur kal which deals with the difference in ideology of different generation.

I used to love all his films, especially the earlier ones such as Aah, Aag, Anari etc. He was indeed a great showman and actor!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Although I have never been a great fan of Raj Kapoor , he was indeed one of the most stylish director / actors who added glamor and quality to the Indian cinema. My own favorite films of his are Anari, Jagte Raho and Sangam..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

jabeen wrote:

Raj Kapoor was one of the biggest entertainer. In my childhood, I remembered watching documentary about him in which it was mentioned that his films were very popular in former USSR. In fact, many male newborns were given the name as Raj.

Though most of his films are entertaining, I enjoyed kal aaj aur kal which deals with the difference in ideology of different generation.

Yes Raj kapoor was popular in USSR and is popular in present SR and China. Kal Aaj or Kal was directed by Rajkpoor's son Randhir Kapoor.

usha manohar wrote:

Although I have never been a great fan of Raj Kapoor , he was indeed one of the most stylish director / actors who added glamor and quality to the Indian cinema. My own favorite films of his are Anari, Jagte Raho and Sangam..

I was also not fan of Raj Kapoor in my childhood. But at present I am great fan of Raj Kapoor. He was one man industry. He was fully dedicated to cinema. Mera Nam Joker, Tesri Kasam are beautiful films of RaJ Kapoor.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.