Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I thought SD Burman's compositions were original or based on Manipuri folk. But then I think there is nothing original as everyone gets their inspiration from somewhere or the other.

Taking inspiration is one thing which all composers do find from others but basing songs exactly the same as others with a slight variation is.....???

Here is one example of famous RD song Mehbooba Mehbooba taken from a Greek singer Demis Roussos which RD had heard in London, he had admitted once of copying the song but never gave the Greek much credit for it. This 'Say You Love Me' song is taken from a traditional Greek folk song. I hope you all enjoy listening to it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=4UJXgmPqAE4

Not only composers but all creative workers writers, melodist took inspiration. You all familiar with Shartchand { Dev dass} He said that I took all characters from my surrounding. Nothing is wrong is getting inspiration from other work. But must not copy of other work. One must be recreate it.

Your example is a bit off, most authors are actually inspired by people around them and base their book characters around those people. But if one author copied the theme and plot and storyline of another author then it would be blatant cheating, not taking inspiration. Many composers do this kind of cheating and then call it being inspired by others' work. The biggest example of such composer in India is Anu Malik.

Theme of two authors may be same. If two people asked to write an article on tourism in India. Theme is one. When they write article it will be differ in writing style facts and figure . I said in my reply that one must not be copy other work but after getting idea must be recreate.

There is a saying that "There is nothing like original. if you hide the source, you are a genius". Creative people get inspired by others but if you do enough justice to your inspired piece, it is worth applaud. RD has given some of the most memorable and hummable tunes. He was the one who brought fusion in Indian music/Bollywood music.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.