Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

There are no two ways about it, a rule is for all... I feel that when a person is still alive it is a wrong precedence to make a film about him or her..

While film is for entertainment , it also can make a great impact on watchers and can send a wrong message ..

They have broken the rule. They have already made films like M S Dhoni, Padman and the upcoming Super 30. M S Dhoni was a good entertainment. Padman and Super 30 will glorify the life of unsung and less popular real life heroes like Anand Kumar and Arunachalam. I support such movies that inspire many and send a positive message. Azhar was another movie made on a live celebrity.

Sanju will hopefully show the ugly side of his life and can warn youngsters against drug abuse. I hope it sends some strong message and does not only glorify the person who did wrong. May it send some lesson from his wrong doing.

Films based on Underworld and glorifying gangsters should be boycotted by public.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: jabeen
MG Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Bhag Milkha presented Milkha Singh in very poor light. Instead of Keeping him focussed on training, competetition and practice the movie shows him sleeping with a girl, going to picnic and dancing etc.

Dancing and sleeping with girl may be part of his life. To make movie it film maker give it some more importance.

Most facts including love affair of Milkha Singh were authenticated by Milkha. Sex and love is part of human life. Nothing wrong in reresenting it artistically.

Yes we must be remember that what may be a person first of all he/she is a human being. Milkha Sing is sportsman but not a monk. What shown in movie is only small part of his life but movie maker highlight it.

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There are no two ways about it, a rule is for all... I feel that when a person is still alive it is a wrong precedence to make a film about him or her..

While film is for entertainment , it also can make a great impact on watchers and can send a wrong message ..

They have broken the rule. They have already made films like M S Dhoni, Padman and the upcoming Super 30. M S Dhoni was a good entertainment. Padman and Super 30 will glorify the life of unsung and less popular real life heroes like Anand Kumar and Arunachalam. I support such movies that inspire many and send a positive message. Azhar was another movie made on a live celebrity.

Sanju will hopefully show the ugly side of his life and can warn youngsters against drug abuse. I hope it sends some strong message and does not only glorify the person who did wrong. May it send some lesson from his wrong doing.

Films based on Underworld and glorifying gangsters should be boycotted by public.

Arunima@ what happen with boycott. It is duty if sensor board that if movie glorifying underworld and gangsters, suggest cuts.

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Even Mary Kom was based on live person. Though such movies inspire others to be like them, but I do endorse Usha's view that film makers should avoid making film on a person while he or she is still alive. It tends to make them more egoistic. Moreover, a film maker tends to make certain changes in the stories to make it more entertaining. Since these live persons promote the movies based on their lives, general public tend to think that whatever shown in the movies are authentic stories.

@Anil, 

It is not the responsibility of the censor board to ban movies based on real life person. Their job is to provide certification of different categories and to ensure that some standards is maintained while giving freedom and creativity to the makers. At best they can only suggest making certain cuts from the movie after it is released but I don't think they can banned the making of movies

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, usha manohar
MG Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Bhag Milkha presented Milkha Singh in very poor light. Instead of Keeping him focussed on training, competetition and practice the movie shows him sleeping with a girl, going to picnic and dancing etc.

That is the problem with Bollywood, they can never keep true to the biopic of any person, be it a valiant warrior such as Bajirao or a famous athlete as Milkha Singh, these idiots have to add sleazy fiction to their stories! And fans of Bollywood are class one buffoons who lap it up gladly in the name of entertainment. The other day we were discussing the same topic with my college friends, all of whom are well educated and in our early forties now. When I put my point forward quite passionately, one friend who is a teacher, said that our commitment to such celebrities is limited to the rs. 300 we pay for the tickets! I was taken aback and had to shut my mouth afterwards as there was no way these people will change their mindset !

Suni@ you are wrong . The film on Milkha presented him in excellent light. Even Milka appreciated it.

I am sure Milkha appreciated it and why not? After all any past athlete would do that for earning couple of more lacs and publicity just for doing that. But my question here is what did he do to promote the game apart from taking a high post. In fact most army men do the same , they get out of turn promotion, a honorary rank and forget everything. I did little more research on biopic of Dhoni and found out that the actor Dhoni is busy meeting with his future wife in the entire movie rather than concentrating on the game of cricket.

I am impressed the way Pulela Gopichand, Vimal Kumar are giving back to the game of badminton in the form of world champions like PV and Nehwal.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Even Mary Kom was based on live person. Though such movies inspire others to be like them, but I do endorse Usha's view that film makers should avoid making film on a person while he or she is still alive. It tends to make them more egoistic. Moreover, a film maker tends to make certain changes in the stories to make it more entertaining. Since these live persons promote the movies based on their lives, general public tend to think that whatever shown in the movies are authentic stories.

@Anil, 

It is not the responsibility of the censor board to ban movies based on real life person. Their job is to provide certification of different categories and to ensure that some standards is maintained while giving freedom and creativity to the makers. At best they can only suggest making certain cuts from the movie after it is released but I don't think they can banned the making of movies

Exactly my point Jabeen ...a living person or legend or whatever the media likes to call them are still around and we never can be sure if the person would continue to win more laurels or bite the dust , so why make a film in their lifetime and that too when they are still young and have not lived a full life? To me the whole idea seems ridiculous .. like you rightly point out they would think themselves as super humans and become egoistic.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

The whole discussion seems so pointless.some are suggesting a form of censorship in that films on legends on their life time should not be made. Others are stating it will make them think they are supermen. Another has stated it could send a wrong message. People forget that world of creative expression like books, films, plays cannot have any form of limitation. One man's bread is another's poison. The policy should be as Mao said " let a 100 flowers bloom". Within limits of morality there can be no bar. I sign off on this discussion.

And in case of Bollywood stars,already their heads are swollen to abnormal proportions due to the adoration and worship they receive from fans, but that aside, the reason why films such as Sanju should not be made is because they send a totally wrong message about what is right and what is wrong. I was reading a lot of questions about this movie just now on Quora and got a fairly good overview of how this movie has been made. It looks like Rajkumar Hirani has totally gone out of his way to portray Sanjay Dutt as being completely innocent. Everything he does seems to be the fault of others, and one strong message that most people felt to be radiating from the movie is that it is okay to do drugs when pressures mount on you! No Bollywood star seems to find anything wrong with it. However there is one actor in Marathi industry who has the guts to speak strongly about it. Yogesh Soman, made a video and posted on FB speaking passionately about how wrong such a movie is and how you should tell your kids the reality about this actor because they are bound to watch the movie one way or other and think it okay to do drugs and have sex indiscriminately!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: suni51
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

And in case of Bollywood stars,already their heads are swollen to abnormal proportions due to the adoration and worship they receive from fans, but that aside, the reason why films such as Sanju should not be made is because they send a totally wrong message about what is right and what is wrong. I was reading a lot of questions about this movie just now on Quora and got a fairly good overview of how this movie has been made. It looks like Rajkumar Hirani has totally gone out of his way to portray Sanjay Dutt as being completely innocent. Everything he does seems to be the fault of others, and one strong message that most people felt to be radiating from the movie is that it is okay to do drugs when pressures mount on you! No Bollywood star seems to find anything wrong with it. However there is one actor in Marathi industry who has the guts to speak strongly about it. Yogesh Soman, made a video and posted on FB speaking passionately about how wrong such a movie is and how you should tell your kids the reality about this actor because they are bound to watch the movie one way or other and think it okay to do drugs and have sex indiscriminately!

I agree that it might poison young minds. SO the censor board should come forward and give it a correct certification. For me I will not comfortable watching such movie with my kids and I am not going to do it. Public come with their own sensibilities and they can act responsibly. I still have to watch the movie to really come to any judgement...whether it warns people against wrong doings or it glorifies it.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

All I hope from Sanju movie is that people watch it just for Ranbir's acting skills & for nothing else, there has already been a news item which highlights the fact that Sanju was glorified & his mistakes where shown as if he was the victim of some other party & his fault was all the very minute.

Wish that people dont go the wrong way with this movie & hope they understand that it is just a movie, a movie which just showcases the positives out of everything done by him, whereas in reality he is the culprit, the man behind the Arms possession & a person who was supposedly supporting the act in Mumbai though he denied it.

People must not get carried away with the wind of the movie. The director is a friend of Sanjay Dutt & hence he has shown him in a good light.

The movie Sanju is infact trying to eye-washed the people by showing him as a victim.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.