Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Bhag Milkha presented Milkha Singh in very poor light. Instead of Keeping him focussed on training, competetition and practice the movie shows him sleeping with a girl, going to picnic and dancing etc.

That is the problem with Bollywood, they can never keep true to the biopic of any person, be it a valiant warrior such as Bajirao or a famous athlete as Milkha Singh, these idiots have to add sleazy fiction to their stories! And fans of Bollywood are class one buffoons who lap it up gladly in the name of entertainment. The other day we were discussing the same topic with my college friends, all of whom are well educated and in our early forties now. When I put my point forward quite passionately, one friend who is a teacher, said that our commitment to such celebrities is limited to the rs. 300 we pay for the tickets! I was taken aback and had to shut my mouth afterwards as there was no way these people will change their mindset !

Suni@ you are wrong . The film on Milkha presented him in excellent light. Even Milka appreciated it.

I am sure Milkha appreciated it and why not? After all any past athlete would do that for earning couple of more lacs and publicity just for doing that. But my question here is what did he do to promote the game apart from taking a high post. In fact most army men do the same , they get out of turn promotion, a honorary rank and forget everything. I did little more research on biopic of Dhoni and found out that the actor Dhoni is busy meeting with his future wife in the entire movie rather than concentrating on the game of cricket.

I am impressed the way Pulela Gopichand, Vimal Kumar are giving back to the game of badminton in the form of world champions like PV and Nehwal.  

If you read biography of Sachin Tendulkar, "Play it my way' you will note that it is only about cricket series which he played is his carrier. Very little about his life. If some one make movie on it will be only a documentry. No on like to see it after paying 300Rs. Money is much powerful.

jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There are no two ways about it, a rule is for all... I feel that when a person is still alive it is a wrong precedence to make a film about him or her..

While film is for entertainment , it also can make a great impact on watchers and can send a wrong message ..

They have broken the rule. They have already made films like M S Dhoni, Padman and the upcoming Super 30. M S Dhoni was a good entertainment. Padman and Super 30 will glorify the life of unsung and less popular real life heroes like Anand Kumar and Arunachalam. I support such movies that inspire many and send a positive message. Azhar was another movie made on a live celebrity.

Sanju will hopefully show the ugly side of his life and can warn youngsters against drug abuse. I hope it sends some strong message and does not only glorify the person who did wrong. May it send some lesson from his wrong doing.

Films based on Underworld and glorifying gangsters should be boycotted by public.

Even Mary Kom was based on live person. Though such movies inspire others to be like them, but I do endorse Usha's view that film makers should avoid making film on a person while he or she is still alive. It tends to make them more egoistic. Moreover, a film maker tends to make certain changes in the stories to make it more entertaining. Since these live persons promote the movies based on their lives, general public tend to think that whatever shown in the movies are authentic stories.

@Anil, 

It is not the responsibility of the censor board to ban movies based on real life person. Their job is to provide certification of different categories and to ensure that some standards is maintained while giving freedom and creativity to the makers. At best they can only suggest making certain cuts from the movie after it is released but I don't think they can banned the making of movies

Padmawati banned my some state also hold for certificate by censor board for long period. Why cuts suggested after release. It is practice of sensor board to suggest cuts before providing certificate. Making movie on a alive person, it is only and only to make money. When autobiography can be published of a alive person than what is wrong in movie on alive person.

MG Singh wrote:

The whole discussion seems so pointless.some are suggesting a form of censorship in that films on legends on their life time should not be made. Others are stating it will make them think they are supermen. Another has stated it could send a wrong message. People forget that world of creative expression like books, films, plays cannot have any form of limitation. One man's bread is another's poison. The policy should be as Mao said " let a 100 flowers bloom". Within limits of morality there can be no bar. I sign off on this discussion.

My question is how far does one take this artistic freedom of expression. In a imaginary fiction it is possible but not while it is the case of a controversial life that has been the cause of several deaths or has aided in a major anti national act like that of Sanjay Dutt. Yesterday I was watching a debate on the film on NDTV. Two people were all praise for the film but felt that it was made to change the image of Sanjay by glossing over facts. One of the critics quoted an instance where the police question about his hoarding the firearms and he is supposed to have said in the film that it was because he was scared of his sister's safety , so wanted a firearm. The reality was that he had a licence and already owned several firearms and had admitted that he loved collecting them . So the question is why have another for safety ? This is how celebrities like Sanjay and Salman literally get away  with murder because we citizens are a bunch of gullible idiots who would Lynch a poor hungry tribal and kill him for stealing a piece of bread and applaud but spend hundreds of rupees to watch films of Salman and Sanjay, generously forgiving their criminal activities. Shame on us and our attitude ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Blind devotion is character of we India. We are devotee of corrupt politician, rapists and much more. Movies are only for entertainment. At present question of freedom of expression is worthless. 

What you feel is merely entertainment and it gives you pleasure then in fact it also inspires and pleases you. I would have no entertainment rather than getting entertained by what filthy rich doing at the cost of poor of this country for their entertainment. As a nation we have to learn a lot on almost every front. They are smoking pot, white sugar having weapons and killing innocent public and animals and spending billions to escape from the law. And the height of everything is that we watch it in the name of entertainment and stand at their doors for hours just for their glimpse. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
suni51 wrote:

What you feel is merely entertainment and it gives you pleasure then in fact it also inspires and pleases you. I would have no entertainment rather than getting entertained by what filthy rich doing at the cost of poor of this country for their entertainment. As a nation we have to learn a lot on almost every front. They are smoking pot, white sugar having weapons and killing innocent public and animals and spending billions to escape from the law. And the height of everything is that we watch it in the name of entertainment and stand at their doors for hours just for their glimpse. 

So true....in the name of entertainment, we are only giving such psychos more money to fund their yet another conquest of a woman, yet another cocaine-fueled orgy, yet another payoff to a gangster sitting in  Pakistan or Dubai! People who buy tickets top movies of such psychos are living in a world of stupor, thinking that they are not doing anything wrong, but in reality, are only funding more crime and terror....all in the name of entertainment!

If they want to be entertained so badly, why can't they go to a classical concert or read some good book, or go plant trees! The reality is, their choices are so poor and tacky that they canot even recognise good from bad at all!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

suni51 wrote:

What I write is not about me. I never never fan and devotee of Sanjay Dutt. For fan of Sanjay it is best entertainment movie and also please them. It is article of famous author and film producer read it.

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/115496/07050243300187/0/map/tabs-1/2018-07-05%2000:00:00/41/4/text/

Being a fan or admirer of an actor does not mean that you overlook and accept everything the person does ...This is the problem with our society , they have double standards when it comes to the rich and the famous and no wonder our courts and legal system consisting of people with similar mentality is no better ! Sanjay Dutt grumbled his way through his prison sentence cutting a pathetic figure inspite of getting special treatment and was more out of jail than in . Just imagine an ordinary person undergoing similar sentences !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Being a fan or admirer of an actor does not mean that you overlook and accept everything the person does ...This is the problem with our society , they have double standards when it comes to the rich and the famous and no wonder our courts and legal system consisting of people with similar mentality is no better ! Sanjay Dutt grumbled his way through his prison sentence cutting a pathetic figure inspite of getting special treatment and was more out of jail than in . Just imagine an ordinary person undergoing similar sentences !

That is the sad story in our society where rich and celebrities become above law...be it a politician, an actor or a business man. Nirav Modi, Vijay Malya, Salman Khan, Lalu Yadav............The list is endless. And that is a shame to the society and it's law.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

usha manohar wrote:

VIP treatment is culture and tradition of India. If a general prisoner get ill is prison they will not get proper treatment but if any VIP prisoner like our politicians, claims that they have chest pain, they immediately shifted in ICU of hospital. In government hospitals for common people it is not easy to getting treatment. But for a VIP hospital head immediately depute team doctors for VIP,even they have minor health problem.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.