Tomorrow 31 July is death anniversary of great bollywood singer Moh. Rafi. Pay tribute to him. We never forget Rafi Sahab.  Rafi Said, Tum Mujhey Bhula Na paogey, yes we can not forget you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3wZBdnamE0

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Mohammed Rafi was and is the uncrowned king if Indian film music .. until today , there is no other singer who comes anywhere close to him . I would say the same of all those  old singers like Mukesh, Manna dey, Talat Mehmood and Kishore Kumar . They are unmatched to this day..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Agree, Md. Rafi's melodious voice has won millions of hearts for generations and it will continue doing so in the coming future. It is our responsibility to introduce songs of such magical voice to our young ones. New talents will keep coming but as they say 'old is gold' Md. Rafi is a true example of this.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

usha manohar wrote:

Mohammed Rafi was and is the uncrowned king if Indian film music .. until today , there is no other singer who comes anywhere close to him . I would say the same of all those  old singers like Mukesh, Manna dey, Talat Mehmood and Kishore Kumar . They are unmatched to this day..

Absolutely true. They were good and have worked in innumerable movies. Many of the songs sung by them are still popular. Though the present day singers may  bring out their own versions of those popular songs,  they cannot capture the charm of the original songs.

usha manohar wrote:

They are unmatched to this day.

I remember a few years back singers were categorized in to coming from Rafi's school and Kishore Kumar's school based on their singing styles that were inspired by these legends. For example, Sonu Nigam was said to belong to Rafi's school and Kumar Shanu from Kishore Kumar's school.

Now slowly we even find that disappearing.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Absolutely true. They were good and have worked in innumerable movies. Many of the songs sung by them are still popular. Though the present day singers may  bring out their own versions of those popular songs,  they cannot capture the charm of the original songs.

I never like versions songs of great singers, By it these people insulting great singers of India.

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I remember a few years back singers were categorized in to coming from Rafi's school and Kishore Kumar's school based on their singing styles that were inspired by these legends. For example, Sonu Nigam was said to belong to Rafi's school and Kumar Shanu from Kishore Kumar's school.

After Rafi, Kishor Kumar, Mukesh and Manna dey, only Udit Narya is original singers. Most of male singers are doing copy of old singers. Rafi Sahib has sung more that 26000 songs but new singer will not touch figure of 2600

What a singer. A true great of the industry.

anil wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I never like versions songs of great singers, By it these people insulting great singers of India.

I don't think they were trying to insult them. Many of the singers try to pay tribute in their own way by singing their songs. It just that some people enjoy the new versions and people like us do not enjoy them.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

After Rafi, Kishor Kumar, Mukesh and Manna dey, only Udit Narya is original singers. Most of male singers are doing copy of old singers. Rafi Sahib has sung more that 26000 songs but new singer will not touch figure of 2600

Yes we had handful of well known singers in early days and so they could sing lots of songs. Moreover, their voice became voice of few superstars. Now a days that is missing. We have no scarcity of singers. There are so many talent search programs and so many talents come every year. Most of them get a career in music and earn mainly through live shows and performances. So time has changed and so is the mode of entertainment like having private youTube channels or releasing private music albums etc.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes we had handful of well known singers in early days and so they could sing lots of songs. Moreover, their voice became voice of few superstars. Now a days that is missing. We have no scarcity of singers. There are so many talent search programs and so many talents come every year. Most of them get a career in music and earn mainly through live shows and performances. So time has changed and so is the mode of entertainment like having private youTube channels or releasing private music albums etc.

Yes it is some what right. But talent is talent, we can't ignore it. Time is changed but till the choice of people is old songs. Much long carrier of old singer was result of their hard work and dedication. For Rafi Sahib his talent is God gift.Today's singer wants money and money. They spend more time on their look than practice of music.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.