The topic is locked.

In the Forum page beside every thread we get to see a blue oval mentioning the name who replied last. That's okay and I have noticed that if the person who replied last edits his reply then the box goes missing, but, why is it so? Today, I edited one answer of mine and thereafter another user replied on that very thread so although he is the last person to reply. the blue oval is still missing. Am I doing anything wrong by editing my reply? Kindly help.

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is okay to edit. But may be you are unknowingly writing a new post by alteration of the previous one. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

Editing is not a violation.  may be miss that Blue ring. You can check, You do not lose any points too. The Blue ring appears when another member responds to the thread. And if he doesn't edit.

It is minor thing, don't take it so serious. I think posting reply is enough for our satisfaction.

anil wrote:

It is minor thing, don't take it so serious. I think posting reply is enough for our satisfaction.

You did not edit. That's why, we can see the Blue ring. If you edit for you too, the Blue ring is appears. Anyhow it's not a violation and lose pints

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

You did not edit. That's why, we can see the Blue ring. If you edit for you too, the Blue ring is appears. Anyhow it's not a violation and lose pints

I edit some time but I never care for blue ring or points. 

Why should we unnecessarily bother about the blue rings unless it prevents us from posting a comment? Admin/Moderator will let us know if there is any violation of rule.

Editing your own post is not a violation of any rule. So no need to worry about it. In my opinion, the blue oval appears if a thread is gone unanswered for some time, it has no major significance really.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

No issues whatsoever, editing any number of times so go ahead and do as many times you wish ring or no ring.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I am thankful to all for clearing my doubt. It was actually disturbing me but now I am happy that it's not violation.

shampasaid

Since the doubt is cleared, no harm in locking the thread now.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.