The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Atul,
It is like punishing the whole members for a malpractice from a member.How can it be justified?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
@Atul

Both of these measures you have suggested may not find acceptance among most of our members.I personally feel there should be greater vigilance on spamming! Some members have been pointing out this instances occasionally which is basically the job of moderators.Unfortunately a majority of our moderators are absent.It is an issue which I raised earlier too but with no result.I hope Boddunan addresses this issue at the earliest.Because presence of moderators does act as a deterrent to such spamming activities.
It is right that Boddunan have very less spammers compared to other sites..it is easy to vigilance on less spammers that more.
I too agree with Abid and Chinmoy that the awards and points should not be disturbed but a new way of rechecking on suspected spammer, whom boddunan has already noted should be introduced..We also should use the Report abuse button which is better way.

If points and awards are distrubed I think what abid said will be done.. it will be punishment for all the members..
@Atul,
An initial warning can be given.If it still continues the moderators can exclude them for the month's revenue sharing program.
It is informed that the member had warned about the matter.At the same day my Karma point decreased!!!!

Visit my blogs:

@Abid

I think the events of the past few days are casting some influences which are obviously not favorable for the site and now it's time to make a move forward! I already find lesser participation on the part of members and moderators which need immediate attention.The topic for the next GD has not been announced yet!And there are issues too and let us focus on these.
@Abid

I think the events of the past few days are casting some influences which are obviously not favorable for the site and now it's time to make a move forward! I already find lesser participation on the part of members and moderators which need immediate attention.The topic for the next GD has not been announced yet!And there are issues too and let us focus on these.
I also noticed that participation is less in these days.I don't know the reason.Am also going for a trip and will not be available till Monday.

Visit my blogs:

Hi Friends,
After a serious Discussion within the Core Boddunan Team Members on spamming on boddunan sections we have decided to temporarily(for one month) ban the boddunan user found guilty and also he will not be considered for any awards for 2 weeks after he/she gets active again.

Also any one who reports any kind of spamming will be awarded with 25 cash credit after the Core team verification.The present points system has no changes.

In my Last post on forums of banning three members, we have lifted ban from one user account after 3 week, but others are permanent banned since he/she used two fake accounts on Boddunan.

Please do post your valuable comments, We may change these new rules made here.

-Atul B

atulb@boddunan.com
I think it's reasonable enough and after all we are human beings and do commit mistakes.Before handing out any punishment the member who is being charged with any offence should be given an opportunity to defend himself or herself!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.