Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks to Maverick and Arun both for producing very top-notch forum posts on SEO which I have no doubts would add to our existing body of knowledge and lead to optimal uses of SEO concepts in our articles and forum posts!
Thank you said by: rambabu
Maverick I am glad that you find most of my suggestions beneficial for the site. And since you are considering to implement third party affiliate options I would like to state my reasoning behind this. This is the way I think when I plan to introduce third party affs on my own sites.

For example, if I am writing an article on "Best handbags for women" or "Best mobile phones" then I include the link to the product below the description of each mobile or handbags. This helps the visitors decide and buy. But yea, your copy should really be good for that.

Normally, I write for the US audience and they do most of their shopping online. So, when I write product articles on products like iphone cases,digital cameras,gifts etc. I make sure that I include links to affiliate sites. This helps the readers to make a wise and informed choice. And it is profitable for me too. So thats a win win situation.

And if you are still not sure, initially you can trial it on the product reviews articles for a month or two. See if it is profitable and then you can take things from there.

And I also agree with the sub-domain things. I hate it as it adds to the load. That suggestion was purely optional and only limited to finance and health category. You will find that most of the bank and health sites do it. Anyways, don't bother with it, you are right it will create complications on a UGC site.

And finally I would beg to disagree with you on the last statement. I never said to optimize for keywords, my suggestion was that an author should write a series of article on a broad keyword. For example, if your broad keyword is "wedding dresses" then you should write articles like

1. Best wedding dresses of the 50s

2.best wedding dresses of the 60s

3. plus size wedding dresses

4. summer wedding dresses

and so on and so forth.

If you look at the google keyword tool you will find decent number of searches being conducted for the exact keyword. So, if an author makes his article more specific, he can easily outrank his competitor writing on a broader article title and also he would be able to more effectively solve the query of the reader. I mean if I want plus size wedding dresses I would not want to read a broad and generic article on wedding dresses.

Also, according to google search engineer, Matt Cutts, 70% of a site traffic is from synonyms. So it is a wise move if we closely look at our analytics data and see which keywords are bringing in traffic. And articles dont cover those search terms effectively, then one cam write a new article with those search terms.

It is beneficial to both readers and authors/site.

And again I would like to thank you for considering my suggestion and putting in so much efforts to make this site better.
Once again a quality ,illustrative and educative post on the subject by Arun! Keep it up! My thanks!
Oh...We had got many good suggestions from a member.Regarding the number of words the editors are already informed.Thanks Arun.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
@Abid, that not only stops at 300 words, but also the cash credits. I request all editors to approve only quality articles and on other side, boddunan will take care of giving minimum 10 cash credit for each approved article (and of course credits+5 points would be given).

Arun, agree with your point about the keyword based articles, in fact I read most of the articles with the same theme.

For example, if you see the recent articles submitted by one of our quality author Dr.Simran, submits articles on health and medicine related articles. Whenever I read those articles I always see high quality and most related ads from the same category. Not to say they are most valuable.

To make out most of it, we have recently added article suggestions ( the tabbed list of related articles, articles in current category, articles by the author, latest articles and most read articles). So this will ensure the readers stick onto the subject and read/find more articles. This is one of the improvement recently made.

So the keyword centric articles by the same author or different authors would definitely helps. To get more such articles, we need to introduce some contents to encourage the authors (a win-win situation again, authors will get more money, and post more quality articles). Will look into this.

And second, as I said earlier, I will look into the possibilities of allowing affiliate links to the authors, but at the end it depends on the feasibility.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

@Chinmoy @Abid And @Maverick

Thanks guys for the compliments and Maverick would again like to thank you for having a constructive discussion with me and implementing all things possible and feasible.

I hope our discussion help the authors of this site.

And I guess me and maverick have already written 500+ words in each forum posts, so I guess we both should give our finger some rest.

Don't worry, I will be be back and hangout in the forums.

Take care till then guys!!
Sticky Thread Sticky: SEO and PAS - FAQs ... Want to change my domain name but not lose rankings...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.