Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Barring a few almost all phones are made in China. The Samsung from Korea is assembled in Vietnam, China,India and 5_6 other countries. I think you can go for iPhone if you want a phone from the US. I suggest one should look at the past performance of a good company and make a decision.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

epraneeth77 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I am using a Coolpad Note which is nearly 4 and a half years old, absolutely reliable and so far no problems or repairs. At that time I paid around Rs 9000 , since it had just been launched ,but I am sure it is available for less now...I use is for everything, whatsapp,browsing, as a camera,fitness , music storage ..

I have seen Coolpad models with some un-resistable offers but backed away because it is a new company based in China, though Xiaomi is also from China.

But this comes as a surprise revelation that it is running since 4 & half years old without a problem!

Is it just Coolpad Note or Note 1,2,3...

Also how is the camera performing? Is it good to take nice snaps, if not exquisite snaps & good to take pics of documents?

I have a Coolpad note and I am told that the later models are even better...the camera is excellent ...uploading a picture I took with my mobile in April ( Kerala Backwaters)

Kerala backwaters

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, epraneeth77
usha manohar wrote:
epraneeth77 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I am using a Coolpad Note which is nearly 4 and a half years old, absolutely reliable and so far no problems or repairs. At that time I paid around Rs 9000 , since it had just been launched ,but I am sure it is available for less now...I use is for everything, whatsapp,browsing, as a camera,fitness , music storage ..

I have seen Coolpad models with some un-resistable offers but backed away because it is a new company based in China, though Xiaomi is also from China.

But this comes as a surprise revelation that it is running since 4 & half years old without a problem!

Is it just Coolpad Note or Note 1,2,3...

Also how is the camera performing? Is it good to take nice snaps, if not exquisite snaps & good to take pics of documents?

I have a Coolpad note and I am told that the later models are even better...the camera is excellent ...uploading a picture I took with my mobile in April ( Kerala Backwaters)

Kerala backwaters

The pic is beautiful. I am using Redmi Note 3 for the last two years and am extremely satisfied. Hopefully, the updated versions will be better than the one I am using.

shampasaid

Thank you said by: epraneeth77, usha manohar

I finally bought a Redmi Note 5 after seeing many Phones, getting help of people in Boddunan. Sticked to the comfortable zone of preferring MI as I already had Redmi 2 Prime, so did not venture into another Company's choice. Must say, the Phone is really good with battery, though Sound is low, Camera seems to be good. The big plus is the fast charging. Its a nice phone except for the bloatware & Sound.

Thank you all for your insights!

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You can solve the problem of sound and undesired apps going into the settings. I think you have made the best choice in this particular price segment.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Can we remove pre installed Apps as well? This phone packs a generous deal of pre installed apps. 

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Yes definitely, simply go to setting>Apps> and force stop>disable whatever apps you do not want on your phone.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Go for Redmi and Samsung Phones... I Am using both but Have no complaints with any of them

My last cell was SAMSUNG GALAXY J7 DUO. The cell was working fine. But, the issue that came up was with it's battery. Even after charging throughout the night, the battery discharged rapidly and got exhausted within a couple of hours of usage the next day. After bearing with this complication for some days, I sold the cell and bought LAVA Z25. The new cell was worth around INR 15000.00 and I have been using the same to my satisfaction for around more than an year now.

Another issue with SAMSUNG batteries is that, it is quite difficult to find original batteries. Most batteries available in market are not original though they might come with a guarantee period of six months. Such batteries too do not last long.

Subhro Kanti Ghosh.

Subhro Kanti Ghosh. wrote:

My last cell was SAMSUNG GALAXY J7 DUO. The cell was working fine. But, the issue that came up was with it's battery. Even after charging throughout the night, the battery discharged rapidly and got exhausted within a couple of hours of usage the next day. After bearing with this complication for some days, I sold the cell and bought LAVA Z25. The new cell was worth around INR 15000.00 and I have been using the same to my satisfaction for around more than an year now.

Another issue with SAMSUNG batteries is that, it is quite difficult to find original batteries. Most batteries available in market are not original though they might come with a guarantee period of six months. Such batteries too do not last long.

Overcharging batteries is not good for any type of mobile phones, not just Samsung Galaxy  brand. So charging them for the whole night should be avoided.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.