Earlier  we had this facility ...i left a few comments on certain articles but dont see them. Has this feature been discontinued?  Personally  i feel that it is good to be able to comment back ,  there is satisfaction  that someone  has gone through  your article thoroughly  and has taken the trouble to leave their feedback.. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The satisfaction when one sees a comment on an Article is immense. I thought it is there. If it is not there I think it should be brought back. That makes the site more active with more audience visiting.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

It only encourages spammers on most sites and this site is not exception too. We don't want "Thank you" - "Good article" kind of comments. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Usha, you have rightly pointed out the need for the facility of leaving comments on articles. Even I feel that it should be available. I also sometimes feel like leaving comment on articles, either appreciating  their good works or seeking certain clarification.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
suni51 wrote:

It only encourages spammers on most sites and this site is not exception too. We don't want "Thank you" - "Good article" kind of comments. 

I am agree. I think few members like to read whole article. Most of us visit on article page and comments only to earn points.

anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I am agree. I think few members like to read whole article. Most of us visit on article page and comments only to earn points.

You dont earn points for commenting on articles . you earn one point only for reading 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You would better know the problem of allowing comments only if you knew the inside story of this. Spammers takeover the article section and post a series of Spam comments. Keeping the site clean only increases the job of the moderators. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

True, now understood the reason. Only if there was an automated bot which would clean the spam, the site would be even more wonderful.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

I think that having a facility to comment is good. But the comment should be a genuine one. Getting a feedback to your work definitely motivates one to keep improving the quality of their writing. But as Sunil mentioned spammers can become a real pain for moderators. But we do not earn by posting comments. So why would anyone be interested in just putting some vague comments and spamming the whole thing.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I think it is more related to advertising as spamming than anything else. Already in forums we are seeing that some people are spamming with their Advertisements.

Why not let only members comment and have a minimum  number of words..? 

Thank you said by: epraneeth77, jabeen
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.