Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

True, that can serve the purpose to a great extent. Spammers can be very less in that case and moderation becomes easier.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

usha manohar wrote:

Why not let only members comment and have a minimum  number of words..? 

Good suggestion. If only the members can comment, it can control spamming. As for those members who try to spam in comment section, their account can be blocked after being warned.

And it surprises me to read that some members would comment just for earning points. 

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Yes, blocking after warning is very necessary, as there are vast number of articles and if only warnings are given, some members may continue spamming.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Good suggestion. If only the members can comment, it can control spamming. As for those members who try to spam in comment section, their account can be blocked after being warned.

And it surprises me to read that some members would comment just for earning points. 

As far as I know we don't earn points for commenting on articles. 

I think that Usha's suggestion is a good one and would discourage people from posting comments for the sake of spamming.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

usha manohar wrote:

It doesn't take long to create an account and become a member on any site. I can see the same spammers create another account from different IP addresses and email IDs for spamming the forums. The best way to save the articles from spammers was to disable the comments. You can see that movers advert from different members in forums. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

It doesn't take long to create an account and become a member on any site. I can see the same spammers create another account from different IP addresses and email IDs for spamming the forums. The best way to save the articles from spammers was to disable the comments. You can see that movers advert from different members in forums. 

Understood...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

It only encourages spammers on most sites and this site is not exception too. We don't want "Thank you" - "Good article" kind of comments. 

I am agree. I think few members like to read whole article. Most of us visit on article page and comments only to earn points.

You dont earn points for commenting on articles . you earn one point only for reading 

Yes I think I never write comments on article. It require enough time to read and than comment. I  rarely read articles. My working at here is limited up to writing few comments.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.