The Indian constitution enjoins the state to enforce a uniform civil code. However, the  Indian state has so far flouted this. On the contrary, some Hindus have stated that enforcing this statute will mean that Hindus want to convert Muslims. It must be noted that NO Muslim has stated this argument. I have a question as there is the extreme reluctance to tamper with Sharia then why not scrap this proviso in the constitution? This will also gladden hearts of many Hindus who want that constitution be not followed.I have however a flip side to this and that is that constitution must be upheld and I am sure if a uniform personal code is enforced the Muslims will accept it. In any case, the constitution is made for India and not for only Muslims or Hindus. India has the dubious distinction in the world of being the ONLY country allowing separate personal law for a section of people. I throw this topic for discussion

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes I went through this and there is a mention of uniform civil code at paragraph 44 in this page. The governments of course want to keep it under wraps since decades ..

http://www.constitution.org/cons/india/p04.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There is no issue. Bring a uniform civil code. This is the issue raised by BJP and some other organizations from time to time. But they utilize this only for vote catching. When they are in power, they forget everything. During Vajpayee's premiership, there was no attempt to enforce uniform civil code. Now they are in power. Let them try. But they will not. However as soon as they are ousted from power, they will raise uniform civil code and what not again as vote catching slogan.

I believe that there can be no uniform civil code so far as personal law on marriage and inheritance is involved. There cannot be uniform code even for Hindus. The sikhs also want their own civil code.  I favor the suggestion that this be deleted from the directive principles of state policy.  However, as the parliament alone has power and the BJP/ saffron forces are now in power, let them utilize the opportunity to implement uniform civil code and whatever they have been demanding. But they will not. all such things are only to fool the people and grab votes. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The issues of Article 370, Uniform Civil Code, Bofors, 1984, Ram Mandir, are issues to be kept alive for being raised during election times. If tey are resolved BJP thinks it will become issue less. I also support the demand that BJP government should move a UCC bill in the Parliament, why should the provisi be dropped by a party that advocates it all the time. It is like an army that backs away from a campaign it wanted to launch and when given a chance chickens out.

WOW, so in essence Article 370( monumental mistake by the then government ), UCC, Bofors, 1984 Massacre of sikhs never happened , These are all issues that BJP brings out to get votes ! And people challenge BJP to sort out the issues if they have the guts after the horse has been given enough help to flee and closing the stable doors after it has fled. Do Congress supporters expect people of this country to believe such rubbish ? people have more intelligence than that !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I doubt.

In fact, the P.M. said soon after parliamentary  elections that all disputed issues including Article 370, Ram Janma Bhoomi be deferred for five years and only development be issue.  In fact, nobody can dare to bring uniform civil code or resolve the Ayodhya dispute or change status of J & K.  This may be owing to lack of courage or lack of sufficient support in parliament.  Only numerical support in parliament does not suffice. It takes a lot of courage even to introduce bill for uniform civil code in parliament. Congress and Left parties will certainly oppose. Even BJP allies except Shiva Sena will oppose. 

There is no excuse now. The secular forces are clear that there can be no uniform civil code. If the ruling alliance favors, it is for them to bring appropriate legislation. If they don't or have no such courage, it makes no sense to debate such issues from time to time. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Now I seriously wonder who these so called secular parties are? The most communal and corrupt Congress party ? Or parties run by goons like Mulayam Singh and Lalu ?  Or another equally corrupt DMK or is it the shifty left parties , who definitely wd support nothing that does not benefit them and their interest and nation comes last for these parties .. If BJP or any party does not bring in a uniform set of civil laws , in all probability it may lead to civil war. That's what some well read sociologist think, not the award wapsi kind ..

Then bring it. Do not thunder only let there  be rains also!! Enough of finding faults and blaming all the time. Act for gods sake. Time to stop coining a new acronym everyday.

When people get all worked up when truth surfaces, it is but fair that they shd also look at themselves and their own allies who are perpetually saffronising this forum left , right and center, day in and day out and expect everybody else to put with their saffron phobia!

vijay wrote:

Then bring it. Do not thunder only let there  be rains also!! Enough of finding faults and blaming all the time. Act for gods sake. Time to stop coining a new acronym everyday.

When there are faults, What's wrong with if some one points out ? Otherwise how an ever  fault committing party can mend its ways ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.