Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with you. Irrespective of the crises that one faces during a life time. there is a likelihood of yielding to some superstitious practices. The other so called Rationalist should understand and show restraint. They should not heckle or ridicule the believers. As the Rationalist is entitled to follow his own ways, believers too have their own way. In no condition they should be clashed.

But then how does the rationalist spread rationalism?

A true Rationalist never spreads Rationalism. He simply states during their own gatherings. Also never ridicules believers practices.

Then rationalism will always remain dormant. What is te purpose.

Then rationalism will always remain dormant. What is the purpose.

What's wrong if Rationalism lies dormant? A real Rationalist keeps his Rationalistic thoughts within him. If some Rationalist uses a platform to force his thoughts on others and ridicules believers, is a pseudo Rationalist.

rambabu wrote:

What's wrong if Rationalism lies dormant? A real Rationalist keeps his Rationalistic thoughts within him. If some Rationalist uses a platform to force his thoughts on others and ridicules believers, is a pseudo Rationalist.

That depends on attitude of an individual. If some rationalist claims to be social reformer, he has to be active against superstitious and irrational practices. Otherwise he can remain passive. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

A few years ago I had visited Puttaparthy because my mother in law was a devotee of Sai Baba and I was curious to see how the place was. Prashanti Nalaya which is where Sai Baba resided and his Ashram is situated in, is a well run place . I was amazed to see many eminent people doing social work, there were scientists Industrialists and celebrities who were all part of the festivities . So, belief is something else and education is something else although with education an individual will definitely use his brain cells far more..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That depends on attitude of an individual. If some rationalist claims to be social reformer, he has to be active against superstitious and irrational practices. Otherwise he can remain passive. 

One need not be Social reformer if one is a Rationalist. It's like an extra interest, My Rationalism is for my own sake. Like I learned Digital Arts which is for my own sake

Rational thinking is not something that is learnt, it is internal and a personality trait that gets developed as one grows ..There are no set rationalistic ideas because even a person who thinks he is rational may seem irrational to others at times ..So, essentially the more you brand yourself and slot yourself the more irrational you and your attitude looks because it is not natural..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.