Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I have never had the luxury of having 8 hours of sleep any time in life after my student days...If I get to sleep 7 hours at a stretch I consider myself lucky.There is always something or the other happening that disturbs my sleep. Touch wood, so far I have been healthy and active...But all said and done, sleep is very essential to us and when we get the opportunity we shd rest and catch up on lost sleep, even if it is only for a few mins, it does wonders ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

If you are healthy and active,and if your age is above 40' no need to have 7 hrs of sleep. What all you have to See that your sleep irrespective of the duration is a sound sleep.

Personally, I get eight hours sleep. I go to bed maximum at 9 P.M. and get up at around 5 PM.  I don't however manage to sleep for any number of hours. I'll sleep and wake naturally as body demands and never use alarm to wake up. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Personally, I get eight hours sleep. I go to bed maximum at 9 P.M. and get up at around 5 PM.  I don't however manage to sleep for any number of hours. I'll sleep and wake naturally as body demands and never use alarm to wake up. 

That is a good habit you have sir. Getting 8 hours of sleep without any effort and going to bed early and getting up early shows that your natural body clock is well programmed.

I like the power nap thing, when you just need it ..take a quick nap and restore all the lost energy.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Care has to be exercised, not to lead power nap in to a long sleep that nullifies the good effects ofAA power nap.

Mousumi Ghosh wrote:

I like the power nap thing, when you just need it ..take a quick nap and restore all the lost energy.

I too feel that a short nap , even if it is only for a few minutes when you are really tired and exhausted does wonders ....You feel ready to tackle the rest of the day with renewed energy !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A cat nap is no doubt good. But when the power nap takes you to a long sleep, the advantages and the benefits of nap will not be affective. Rather it makes you weak.

Mousumi Ghosh wrote:

I too feel that a short nap , even if it is only for a few minutes when you are really tired and exhausted does wonders ....You feel ready to tackle the rest of the day with renewed energy !

True Usha. Mostly in the afternoons, I need to take just 10-15 minutes shut eye which is enough for me and I get charged for the rest of the day!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Some people dismiss napping as an indication of laziness.  In reality if properly utilized, it rejuvenates and recharges spent energy especially after a sleepless night.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.