Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I have many favorite books ranging from Alistair Maclean, John Grisham, John Le Carre, Larry Collins, Dominic Lapierre, David Baldacci, Dan Brown, Jeffrey Archer, among others, classics such Jane Eyre, Little Women, etc. But the ones that are my most favorite books are "Gone With the Wind", "Atlas Shrugged" and "Mrityunjay" by Shivaji Sawant in Marathi.

Most of the authors that you have mentioned writes very beautifully.  I have not read any books by John Le Carre. But the rest of them are some of my favourite writers too. Once I start reading the books written by the, don't feel like stopping till I complete it especially John Grisham and Dan Brown. After reading Dan Brown's novels I got interested in symbology.

By the way have you also read the sequel to " Gone with the wind"? It was written by a different writer but their style of writing is almost similar

I too have read the sequel called Scarlet, not as good since it is written by a different author Alexandra Roche or so.i too have read all the novels of Dan Brown, watched the films too ..another fiction writer that I read a lot is Robert Ludlum , so detailed and absorbing.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I have many favorite books ranging from Alistair Maclean, John Grisham, John Le Carre, Larry Collins, Dominic Lapierre, David Baldacci, Dan Brown, Jeffrey Archer, among others, classics such Jane Eyre, Little Women, etc. But the ones that are my most favorite books are "Gone With the Wind", "Atlas Shrugged" and "Mrityunjay" by Shivaji Sawant in Marathi.

Most of the authors that you have mentioned writes very beautifully.  I have not read any books by John Le Carre. But the rest of them are some of my favourite writers too. Once I start reading the books written by the, don't feel like stopping till I complete it especially John Grisham and Dan Brown. After reading Dan Brown's novels I got interested in symbology.

By the way have you also read the sequel to " Gone with the wind"? It was written by a different writer but their style of writing is almost similar

I agree, John Grisham, Dan Brown etc. books are totally unputdownable. Dan Brown books especially also help us learn more about not just symbology, but ancient and medieval history too. You should read John Le Carre books if you are interested in spy fiction especially dating back to the Cold War between USA and the then USSR, Eastern Bloc countries.Start with The Spy Who Came in From the Cold. His books are a little slow reading compared to fast action in Dan Brown or Jeffrey Archer books, but he is a master at telling a story. I am sure you will like them.

No I didn't read the sequel to Gone with the Wind!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

Books on history and traveling is my favorite one.

I too love history and travel books. A few years ago I invested in 21 volumes of books called History of the world by time / life , which is the most precious possession we have. We all keep reading and referring to it from time to time and I feel it is well worth the investment..buying books and travel are both the best investment for your money.

Wow, lovely! Which edition do you have? and if you don't mind me asking, how much did you get the entire set for?

Kalyani it is just one volume that was published by Time/Life and has now been discontinued . It cost Rs 29,000 in the year 2002 and now since it is not published any more has become like a collectors item..

gc5128348928626195266

That is indeed a beautiful collection you have invested in, definitely worth the time and space it takes up. I agree, such books are a collectors' item, an ideal inheritance for our children!

Save

see real life stories are always the favourite of mine, as I am a political science student I usually read about the philosopher and I enjoyed a lot during reading about the ancient greek philosopher.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:

see real life stories are always the favourite of mine, as I am a political science student I usually read about the philosopher and I enjoyed a lot during reading about the ancient greek philosopher.

That is really good. Do give a name of a book you read from such categories!

Babu saroj wrote:

I agree with you. Real life stories are quite inspiring. Owing to this reason I read Autobiographies of great people. For example 'Wings of Fire' by  A.P. J. Abdul kalam.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.