Its in news that lakhs of towels, bedsheets and blankets are being stolen or taken away by passenger of Indian Railwaysfue to which Indian railways are incurring huge losses. The sad part is that none of the railway employees tries to stop passengers from taking towel and blankets, what they are worried about is their tip from passenger which they call "Bakshish". Also i feel sad on part of passenger on their irresponsible behavior. And still these people complain that they don't have bullet trains and metro in India. How can they expect it ?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I don't think passengers are doing that barring a few naughty incidents. After all the vendor's staff has to collect all the bedsheets, blankets and towels just before the journey is over. I am sure it's the staff that is responsible for it. Like they say the rats have eaten thousands of tons of grain from warehouses. It's really sad that government staff is indulging in such a mass theft of public property.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Some people have bad habits. We can not blame it for all passengers. People must be thing what they are doing, they will pay for it. Railway will recover it with increasing railway fare.

suni51 wrote:

I don't think passengers are doing that barring a few naughty incidents. After all the vendor's staff has to collect all the bedsheets, blankets and towels just before the journey is over. I am sure it's the staff that is responsible for it. Like they say the rats have eaten thousands of tons of grain from warehouses. It's really sad that government staff is indulging in such a mass theft of public property.

While I was sleeping on upper berth once I saw a family. They seemed good financially. He told his daughter-in-law to pack all the towels, blanket and give only hand towel which he wanted to carry in his hands. Even railway employees did not say anything. I did not say anything because I don't wanted unnecessary trouble because train was in UP and his sons appeared more like goon.

arjun sai wrote:
suni51 wrote:

While I was sleeping on upper berth once I saw a family. They seemed good financially. He told his daughter-in-law to pack all the towels, blanket and give only hand towel which he wanted to carry in his hands. Even railway employees did not say anything. I did not say anything because I don't wanted unnecessary trouble because train was in UP and his sons appeared more like goon.

Haha-- good reputation of UP. I am from UP (living in UP from childhood although belong to Punjab now in my city Kurukshetra is in Hariyana though). Actually we cannot blame all the quantity that you have mentioned in your post to passengers since most people do not take the railway's property with them. I am a marketing professional and traveled widely but have never come accross anyone doing it so shrewdly.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
arjun sai wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Haha-- good reputation of UP. I am from UP (living in UP from childhood although belong to Punjab now in my city Kurukshetra is in Hariyana though). Actually we cannot blame all the quantity that you have mentioned in your post to passengers since most people do not take the railway's property with them. I am a marketing professional and traveled widely but have never come accross anyone doing it so shrewdly.

Yes correct few passenger do it but I think this is a bigger game. Even employees must be involved.

I see such things happening all the time ...even stealing cutlery from hotels ! Very cheap , but a lot of Indians do it with absutely no remorse ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I see such things happening all the time ...even stealing cutlery from hotels ! Very cheap , but a lot of Indians do it with absutely no remorse ..

One of my college mate had hidden around 10 spoons in his shirt to take home but as soon as he got up, the spoons fell down. His plain was unsuccessful but I also know few people who have successfully smuggled office coffee mugs to their apartment.

Our country lacks in social ethics and responsibility. We grow up without being taught about it and having no role models to follow. We do it because we see many doing it as a norm and so there is no feeling of remorse.

I remember a incident similar to it which will throw some light on social ethics and morality. We were travelling with another family. Children ate banana, my younger daughter kept the peel in one of the plastic bags. She was very sure that she wanted to throw it in a dustbin when she finds one. But the lady of other family persuaded that she can throw it on the road side as it is already so many things thrown and keeping it in our car will make the car dirty. My daughter did not do it. But other children threw after mother threw it out of car window. They even teasingly laughed at my daughter for carrying her peel in a bag for rest 150 km till we reached our hotel and she found a dustbin to throw it. My daughter was actually into tears and I had to actually tell her in front of all that I was so proud of her to use her own brain and do right and not follow others.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: jabeen
Arunima Singh wrote:

Our country lacks in social ethics and responsibility. We grow up without being taught about it and having no role models to follow. We do it because we see many doing it as a norm and so there is no feeling of remorse.

I remember a incident similar to it which will throw some light on social ethics and morality. We were travelling with another family. Children ate banana, my younger daughter kept the peel in one of the plastic bags. She was very sure that she wanted to throw it in a dustbin when she finds one. But the lady of other family persuaded that she can throw it on the road side as it is already so many things thrown and keeping it in our car will make the car dirty. My daughter did not do it. But other children threw after mother threw it out of car window. They even teasingly laughed at my daughter for carrying her peel in a bag for rest 150 km till we reached our hotel and she found a dustbin to throw it. My daughter was actually into tears and I had to actually tell her in front of all that I was so proud of her to use her own brain and do right and not follow others.

Wish there are more people like you who teaches right ethics to the youngsters. Generally, we Indians believe that cleanliness begins and ends with our house. We clean and scrub our houses but has no hesitation in throwing garbage or even spitting on roadsides. Only strict actions deter them from such disgusting habit. 

Speaking of which, last week or so, I came across a news item in which it was mentioned that the municipality officials of Pune had made the people caught spitting on public places were fined and made to clean it. Wish such measures are taken up in other places too.

jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Wish there are more people like you who teaches right ethics to the youngsters. Generally, we Indians believe that cleanliness begins and ends with our house. We clean and scrub our houses but has no hesitation in throwing garbage or even spitting on roadsides. Only strict actions deter them from such disgusting habit. 

Speaking of which, last week or so, I came across a news item in which it was mentioned that the municipality officials of Pune had made the people caught spitting on public places were fined and made to clean it. Wish such measures are taken up in other places too.

I stay in Pune and still you can find people spitting openly on roads, buildings, malls etc.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.