Actually more than 90% of trades are happening in NSE cash and futures. Turn over of Sensex is only below 10%. Also, market value of BSE is comparitively very small. I have seen CNBC giving importance to NSE and its stock prices. Yet, in newspapers I have only seen Sensex values quoted in headlines and dark font. Why is it so? Can anyone clear my doubt?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sensex happens to be the oldest as indicator of sensitivity index of stocks and Nifty is relatively young yet more broad-based in terms of volume and reach.Both of these are covered by newspapers and other sites with equal importance to my mind!
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
So Sensex much older than Nifty??? :dry:
0039_2012-05-31.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
So Sensex much older than Nifty??? :dry:[/quote
] Much much!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7318]}
] Much much!!

How much???
I don't have time to search :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Actually in Malayalam newspapers and news channels, Sensex values are given more preference. In newspaper, sometimes Nifty closing values are not there. That's why am asking
11770_2012-05-31.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
] Much much!!

How much???

Actually in Malayalam newspapers and news channels, Sensex values are given more preference. In newspaper, sometimes Nifty closing values are not there. That's why am asking

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7319]}
] Much much!!

How much???

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 7319]}

Why are you heating?????

Meera sandhu
My doubt not cleared yet :huh:

Meera sandhu
Sensex is vey old whereas NIFTY is new one. Traditionally, Sensex is given more importance. Mumbai Stock Exchange is oldest stock exchange and the SENSEX is associated with that. Naturally, SENSEX is given more prominence.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Sensex is vey old whereas NIFTY is new one. Traditionally, Sensex is given more importance. Mumbai Stock Exchange is oldest stock exchange and the SENSEX is associated with that. Naturally, SENSEX is given more prominence.

So, sensex is given more prominence because of its age. Isn't it?

That's why I was wondering why is it so :whistle:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.