Most of us write articles on this site. It is sometimes not so easy to get hold of a suitable topic for writing articles that you feel comfortable with....Thats why I prefer to have set topics to write on, which saves on a bit of work for me ! I am interested to know different view points as to how you select a topic for article and how do you go about it...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10717]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I see many people daily in my office. Apart from professional work, they also gossip on almost everything including family matters. The interesting points, views and family events give me ideas for articles. A few days back, a builder told how he was annoyed with his neighbor who had beaten his father and for revenge only, he mixed up with notorious elements and in the process he destroyed his academic career and became a criminal. His father made him leave his house and does not talk to him. Now this is an idea for writing a story. I am likely to write a story on his experience shortly. Also sometimes, dreams give me story idea. In fact, I have written one or two stories in Boddunan from dream ideas.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar, suni51
Normally I get idea from the things and people around me. For instance, I had written an article on the gifted children when I saw the problem faced by one of my former student who was a gifted child. Likewise I am often tempted to write about the festivals and culture of my hometown as my friends living in other parts of India often ask me about the life in my hometown and some of them also have lots of misconception about the life in Northeast part which I feel like clarifying through my articles.Unfortunately I don't complete all the articles that I start writing on. After writing 500 -800words I leave it as such and complete it when I again get inspired.
Thank you said by: usha manohar, suni51
To be very frank, I am no good at writing general topics. I can write on specific topics, like marketing and business management fluently without lifting a pencil from writing pad but when it comes to writing about general topics, I have to look around and gather the ideas from different sources. I must admit that whatever I see, read or watch becomes a source of my inspiration that I try to convert in words to make an article.
Sometimes but that is rarely, I write something that comes from an unknown source, which I can claim to be my original idea. As far writing business or finance related articles, no one can claim to be their original articles as these are facts common and available somewhere on different platforms.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Most of us write articles on this site. It is sometimes not so easy to get hold of a suitable topic for writing articles that you feel comfortable with....Thats why I prefer to have set topics to write on, which saves on a bit of work for me ! I am interested to know different view points as to how you select a topic for article and how do you go about it...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10717]}

I am lazy in writing because I have not enough time for it. Best source of topic for writing is reading. I am regular reader of Hindi news paper and some magzines. I get Idea from these.
What I have gathered so far from the responses - Basically, watching life around us provides the best ideas and topics for an article and also reading books, magazines and newspaper although it would be borrowed ideas....Also writing about certain subjects about which we have knowledge and feel confident about writing !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That is for sure that most people write what they see happening around them. Our thoughts can reach to a point where we had been at some point of time or gathered knowledge about it from different sources. There is just one topic which could be our original is our own experience, be it in real life, traveling or while at work.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

To be very frank, I am no good at writing general topics. I can write on specific topics, like marketing and business management fluently without lifting a pencil from writing pad but when it comes to writing about general topics, I have to look around and gather the ideas from different sources. I must admit that whatever I see, read or watch becomes a source of my inspiration that I try to convert in words to make an article.
Sometimes but that is rarely, I write something that comes from an unknown source, which I can claim to be my original idea. As far writing business or finance related articles, no one can claim to be their original articles as these are facts common and available somewhere on different platforms.

In fact. there is never absolute originality. We all live in same environment and so get almost same ideas. In matters of controversy also, there are many on both sides. So, whatever you write will reflect others' experience as well.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

In fact. there is never absolute originality. We all live in same environment and so get almost same ideas. In matters of controversy also, there are many on both sides. So, whatever you write will reflect others' experience as well.

However, each individuals perception is different and also the way one is able to link matters and other such issues are different, in fact treatmnent is different , so one can say that it is original in a way..

However, each individuals perception is different and also the way one is able to link matters and other such issues are different, in fact treatmnent is different , so one can say that it is original in a way..

Generally, seeing an uncommon factor in very common things, I get inspired. A blind street singer with a mellifluous voice, An artist drawing mind boggling drawings with a simple chalk on the hard Tar roads are very common things with unspoken messages about the struggle for life will never cease to fascinate me.I make them as my themes.

Generally, seeing an uncommon factor in very common things, I get inspired. A blind street singer with a mellifluous voice, An artist drawing mind boggling drawings with a simple chalk on the hard Tar roads are very common things with unspoken messages about the struggle for life will never cease to fascinate me.I make them as my themes.

There are times when you get excellent ideas while you are travelling or shopping but forgrt it when you reach home or when you are ready to write an article ! So, one needs to either note down the ideas as and when it comes and expand later or develop a keen sense..

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.