Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Adversity may be blessing in disguise. I remember a story. A peon was dismissed from school as it was found that he was illiterate. The peon left the school in utter disgust. He was angry that he was doing his job well even with no education ad yet he was sacked. In disgust, he felt like smoking a cigarette. But he had none in his pocket. He also did find any shop on the way. This gave him an idea. He installed a shop with whatever money had. Gradually he opened more shops. Onre day he went to a local bank for a loan to expand his business. The loan was granted. Manager asked him to sign the loan paper. Instead he put thumb impression. The manager was surprised: He said: You are so successful despite illiteracy. I wonder what you would be if you had some education. Laughingly, he gave the reply- I would be still school peon. .

A very good story. Hope school students do not get motivated by it !!

The High school students are not facing aby adversity. In the story, the peon was illiterate. It would be better if he were educated. But unluckily, he was illiterate. Yet he got peon's job. He was sacked. This was adversity. He was disheartened also. But sudden idea helped him. The story does not any way discourage education. This only shows that you may get somre good opportunity even in worst circumstances.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Adversity may be blessing in disguise. I remember a story. A peon was dismissed from school as it was found that he was illiterate. The peon left the school in utter disgust. He was angry that he was doing his job well even with no education ad yet he was sacked. In disgust, he felt like smoking a cigarette. But he had none in his pocket. He also did find any shop on the way. This gave him an idea. He installed a shop with whatever money had. Gradually he opened more shops. Onre day he went to a local bank for a loan to expand his business. The loan was granted. Manager asked him to sign the loan paper. Instead he put thumb impression. The manager was surprised: He said: You are so successful despite illiteracy. I wonder what you would be if you had some education. Laughingly, he gave the reply- I would be still school peon. .

The High school students are not facing aby adversity. In the story, the peon was illiterate. It would be better if he were educated. But unluckily, he was illiterate. Yet he got peon's job. He was sacked. This was adversity. He was disheartened also. But sudden idea helped him. The story does not any way discourage education. This only shows that you may get somre good opportunity even in worst circumstances.

The story points out one should not resign to the fate, but look for an alternative when encountered by adversity.This moral has universality. It will be useful for all. It doesn't discourage education.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The story points out one should not resign to the fate, but look for an alternative when encountered by adversity.This moral has universality. It will be useful for all. It doesn't discourage education.

What I meant in jest was students reading the story should not stop studying hoping to become rich by being illiterate.

What I meant in jest was students reading the story should not stop studying hoping to become rich by being illiterate.

I don't think the student stops studying. It all depends on how the point is planted in the mind of the student. Instead of glamorizing the virtues of illiteracy, stress on how to view an adversity and come out of it.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.