Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Oh Sunil...you are 50 % lucky. Whereas I'm 100% Unlucky. But everything is not over.. There is a long life before me. One day i will certainly visit at least one of these places. Though not for anything, at least to to feed my Sketchbook.

You can say that again as I have visited many more lakes. I will mention some of them like in Tamilnadu (Ooty), UP, Nainital (City Of Nine lakes), Himachal and Kashmir to name a few. India has a long list of beautiful lakes but we have failed miserably spreading the word about them in whole of the world.

I agree with you Sunil. Definitely, it's a case of poor communication. These are the days of promoting the tourism ,which  earns a great deal of revenue to the exchequer . Besides, tourism helps in creating jobs.

Both Ooty and Kodaikanal lakes are very beautiful and well known...Bangalore also has several lakes within and on the outskirts of the city , some of them have been cleaned up ..Hebbal lake is very beautiful since it is on the outskirts and large. In Mangalore we have a garden and boating facilities in a lake at Pilikula.. I have uploaded a picture of the lake  taken by me

400808_2_CIMG0674.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In my state AP  there are several lakes on the way to the famous Araku valley. Many of them are unknown to the world due to lack of publicity by the Tourism Dept. of AP. But in one way lack of publicity proved to be a blessing. These lakes still could retain their pristine glory due to lack of publicity.

usha manohar wrote:

Both Ooty and Kodaikanal lakes are very beautiful and well known...Bangalore also has several lakes within and on the outskirts of the city , some of them have been cleaned up ..Hebbal lake is very beautiful since it is on the outskirts and large. In Mangalore we have a garden and boating facilities in a lake at Pilikula.. I have uploaded a picture of the lake  taken by me

I have visited Hebbal number of times during my stay in Bangalore, that is beautiful indeed. Besides, I was living in Bellandur area which has one of the great lakes but it needs to be maintained asap.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Having beautiful lakes is one thing and maintaining them is another. Negligence and throwing all kinds of wastage in to them taking a big toll of these beauties.

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I have visited Hebbal number of times during my stay in Bangalore, that is beautiful indeed. Besides, I was living in Bellandur area which has one of the great lakes but it needs to be maintained asap.

Many of the lakes in Bangalore have been totally neglected by the authorities except a few that are maintained by the Naval forces like Hebbal, Hesarghatta and Ulsoor lakes...Bangaloreans have to thank the armed forces for keeping the city green since most of the remaining vast stretches of greenery within the city belongs to the army, air force or navy..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Because of the army whatever green patches are there in Bengaluru, they are saved. Whereas other lakes and greenery under civicadministration are crying for attention. This a common phenomenon we see not only in Bengaluru, but everywhere.

So the green movement should have a strong presence of army personnel - an idea worth supporting. 

The green patches in Bengaluru belong to the armed forces. That's why they took care of protecting the greenery. It may not be possible everywhere.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.