Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Punjab has produced many Sports men  of repute. And the fact is the basis for all is these is , the State's promotion of rural Ports.

Real Punjab is residing in rural area. Punjab is food basket of India. Most of local festivals of Punjab is based of crops and farming.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Punjab has produced many Sports men  of repute. And the fact is the basis for all is these is , the State's promotion of rural Ports.

Real Punjab is residing in rural area. Punjab is food basket of India. Most of local festivals of Punjab is based of crops and farming.

Punjab is the food bowl Of India. Punjabi farmers are very strong and sturdy. They are fun loving people.

rambabu wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

If we see most of our athletes come from rural background.

Punjab's rural  areas and other parts n Urban regions are holding these Rural Olympias. It is highly essential to promote these Sports and Games.

Rural olympic is held at Kila Raipur town, near Ludhiana every year. Its not held at other rural or urban areas of punjab as mentioned by you. 

The article mentions that it is attended by one million spectators every year. I am surprised that in spite of such a large number of spectators attending it, it doesn't get the media coverage as the Pushkar fair. But its good that traditional sports are being promoted.

jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Punjab's rural  areas and other parts n Urban regions are holding these Rural Olympias. It is highly essential to promote these Sports and Games.

Rural olympic is held at Kila Raipur town, near Ludhiana every year. Its not held at other rural or urban areas of punjab as mentioned by you. 

The article mentions that it is attended by one million spectators every year. I am surprised that in spite of such a large number of spectators attending it, it doesn't get the media coverage as the Pushkar fair. But its good that traditional sports are being promoted.

4000 participate and a million people watch these Rural Olympics . It is unfortunate that such  a Sport event is not not given adequate media coverage. I hope over the years the condition improves.

Very interesting. Never heard of it before. Yes, we should be giving more media coverage to such local events. Many states have these types of competitions, we should support and encourage local people and talents.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

Very interesting. Never heard of it before. Yes, we should be giving more media coverage to such local events. Many states have these types of competitions, we should support and encourage local people and talents

.I too am of the opinion such rural Sports should be given wide media coverage. These Rural Sports will become the basis for the participating atheletes to take part  in  Olympics.

rambabu wrote:
jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

4000 participate and a million people watch these Rural Olympics . It is unfortunate that such  a Sport event is not not given adequate media coverage. I hope over the years the condition improves.

This is a large amount of crowd for Olympics.. I guess media might not be interested in covering such event as there will be no masala and being rural , less people are interested in watching. But I am sure if we post articles related to Rural Olympics via Facebook or Whatsapp, these events will surely become popular and many people will be aware about it. 

Good suggestion Bajirao

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.