Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am not much of cake and pastry kind. But my children love it. I am all for Indian sweets .....Gulab jamun, jalebi, malpua, baalushahi, kheer, gajar ka halwas.

I can't resist them

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Oh... Gajar Ki halwa is also my favorite Sweet. Additionally, I relish a preparation, made with Rice and Jaggery.

In Bangalore, once I tasted beetroot halwa in one of the wedding. It was mind boggling and out of the world.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I too like all kinds of halwas , beetrot halwas is made pretty much the same way as Carrot halwa adding khoa ..Here in a restaurant they make it very well with lots of ghee and nuts . I am sure each helping would be 300 - 400 calories grinningexpressionless

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I too like all kinds of halwas , beetrot halwas is made pretty much the same way as Carrot halwa adding khoa ..Here in a restaurant they make it very well with lots of ghee and nuts . I am sure each helping would be 300 - 400 calories grinningexpressionless

I make that kind of carrots halwa, loaded with calories and the same kind of lauki halwa ! grimacing And I can safely say that I am pushed into making that kind of halwa by my husband and son!stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I make that kind of carrots halwa, loaded with calories and the same kind of lauki halwa ! grimacing And I can safely say that I am pushed into making that kind of halwa by my husband and son!stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Lauki ka halwa can be very tasty. One of my room mates who was from Kurukshetra often used to make it and add lots of sugar and ghee in it. It was tasty. Normally I cook the simple suji ka halwa. Once I tried to make halwa of banana reading from cookery book. But it ended horribly. It might be because I used aluminium wok for cooking

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

One of the tastiest halwa that we make here is from ash gourd which can  grow to enormous size .It takes a few hours to cook but worth every bit of the effort . Normally ash gourd is used in making a tasty dish called curd curry and Sambhar !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Lauki ka halwa can be very tasty. One of my room mates who was from Kurukshetra often used to make it and add lots of sugar and ghee in it. It was tasty. Normally I cook the simple suji ka halwa. Once I tried to make halwa of banana reading from cookery book. But it ended horribly. It might be because I used aluminium wok for cooking

Yes Jabeen, Lauki ka halwa is very tasty and at the same time, it is cooling too. So best for people who suffer from acidity. I think your banana halwa went wrong most likely due to aluminium wok. Next try making it in a nonstick pan, it will turn out alright.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

One of the tastiest halwa that we make here is from ash gourd which can  grow to enormous size .It takes a few hours to cook but worth every bit of the effort . Normally ash gourd is used in making a tasty dish called curd curry and Sambhar !

Ash gourd halwa? I am hearing about it for the first time, I know about and have eaten petha that is made from ash gourd, but halwa? It must be indeed very tasty and delicious! Another thing that I really like is sweet potato kheer, it is very simple to make and wholesome and tasty but no one else likes it besides me so I don't make it often!

The spicy fish cooked by Kashmiris and fish cooked with coconut milk by Keralites are also fantastic dishes. Sorry to have moved away from sweets.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.