Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
How can they predict about what will happen after 18 years? My prediction tells that we cannot cross china anytime. They are way ahead of us and they are going on and on. No one is going to stop them.

India ca do it in 5 years but not with current set of politicians and bureaucrats. They are pulling our country backward.

I just give 1 example. We are having 16 submarines and on the other side china is having more than 100 submarines. Can be buy even 10 submarines in 5 years? the answer is NO.

But the question here is what is our priority ?do we really need those sub marines ?What is more important ?is it to have a good infra structure and an increased per capita growth or an increased defence budget which is not really essential since we have enough to protect ourselves ?...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

How can they predict about what will happen after 18 years? My prediction tells that we cannot cross china anytime. They are way ahead of us and they are going on and on. No one is going to stop them.

India ca do it in 5 years but not with current set of politicians and bureaucrats. They are pulling our country backward.

I just give 1 example. We are having 16 submarines and on the other side china is having more than 100 submarines. Can be buy even 10 submarines in 5 years? the answer is NO.

But the question here is what is our priority ?do we really need those sub marines ?What is more important ?is it to have a good infra structure and an increased per capita growth or an increased defence budget which is not really essential since we have enough to protect ourselves ?...

Actually, the report has been based more on the statistical data related to population. During2030, India's population will comprise mainly of young people whereas China's will have more old people than young because of their forced one-child policy. So the question is not whether India really is upto the standards or not, but more of whether India will see this as an opportunity to change its economic and education policies so that the population advantage we have over China is talented and enterprising.

But until now, it has been the tendency of Indians to savour whatever small and minuscule victories that come our way and be content with those resulting in our lagging behind whereas the race is won by others!

I feel that we can gain a lot by taking lesson from China itself and build ourselves as an industrial nation so that we are able to create more number of jobs until then, or we will have nothing but a mass of young people with no skills and no future.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Rajani K

We don't really need to buy submarines, but we need to gear up ourselves to such a point where we will be able to make them by ourselves, and why not? We have the technology, money, manpower, long shorelines, everything is there. Only thing missing is the willpower to rise above the laidback attitude and enterprise.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.