Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is good to use mobile phone to stop the train, because it will prevent the misuse of the system. But I think in an emergency situation, chain pulling would be spontaneous and faster. By the time you take the mobile phone, dial the number and get response from other end, the train would have reached kilometers away.

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

It is good to use mobile phone to stop the train, because it will prevent the misuse of the system. But I think in an emergency situation, chain pulling would be spontaneous and faster. By the time you take the mobile phone, dial the number and get response from other end, the train would have reached kilometers away.

Besides the train might be crossing through where no network was available. They should have provided intercom service instead or alarm button to  alert the driver and guard.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Anyhow. Railways started this measure to see the results. It's only over a period the success or failure will be known. Then there is a possibility of implementing this mobile way with some changes.

Yes we need some changes in railway and they are not doing it rarely. Calling the driver in emergency time and if there is no network then it won't work out. They can provide pull chain facility at least in one compartment so that if people make any shout the people who are sitting in the compartment can understand the situation and pull the chain to stop the train.

The new measure of introducing using mobiles to curb Unnecessary stoppings which is causing lot of losses to the Railways and delays is an example of using technology for reducing the burden on Railways is just a starting. The Pros and Cons will be known over a period. Let's wait and watch the outcome. Remember any new practice is looked with suspicion in the beginning, It's only the time can tell whether the Indian Railways are right or wrong.

I agree @Suny whenever at any route at any point of time when there is no signal for mobile then there must be alternative form of messaging system for this. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

It is only after seeing the present measures functionality, Railways may incorporate changes as required.

mohan manohar wrote:

I agree @Suny whenever at any route at any point of time when there is no signal for mobile then there must be alternative form of messaging system for this. 

I went further into the news that says they will provide staff with wakie takie every three compartments.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

As I said earlier any new measure when introduced will certainly face its own share of ebb and tide.. It is here people should come up with suggestions that help in improving the system. As Sunil said introducing  Walkie -talkie system for every three compartments is one improvement. In this way over a period many may suggest better and practical suggestions over a period. We have to wait until the final shape of the plan emerges out.

Thank you said by: suni51

Very good move by indian railway.Many times passengers pull chain with solid reason which cause disturbance.Now from this change driver had right to decide weather the reason is sufficient to stop train or not.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.