Now this is a welcome move by government.  Though on ground report people say that conditions of teachers in these Madarassa and the condition of these have been worse in last five years of Modi's tenure.  Your take on it. 

https://wap.business-standard.com/article-amp/news-ani/muslim-clerics-hail-centre-s-decision-to-connect-madrasas-to-mainstream-education-119061200086_1.html

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is a good decision since it makes it transparent.  Until now there are many secrets about their idden agenda which may or may not be true and this is a step inthe rigjt direction.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I also feel that this is a good step by the government but it will depend entirely on Madrsa managements how they implement it.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In 2014, PM modi during his election campaign said in an interview that he wants a Quran in one hand and computer in other hand of our Muslim students. He said further that he wants Muslims to learn Quran as well as science, maths, computer technology etc. as well in order to remain connected with the modern society as well.

Now, by this project of modernizing Madrassas, he has taken good step in direction of welfare and development of minority community. It's a welcoming step.

Muslims form a good part of our population. In fact we have more of them here than in many Islamic countries. We can not develop until and unless they progress with the country. And this is a welcome step as it shows a lot of respect for their religious sentiments. And I fully agree with Usha that it will make things transparent. Such initiative will also lead to better social inclusion of all sects. 

Yes PM Modi did say that they should have Quran in one hand and computer in other. A better modern education will help them uplift their social and economic status. And being in mainstream does bring about changes in your outlook. 

And Sunil is right that it will bring fruitful results only if Government and Madrassa really work had in hand. 

Muslim of India is undivided part of country. If they will come in main stream that it is good for country. If they will get better education it is possible that they come out from their biases. 

Arunima Singh wrote:

Muslims form a good part of our population. In fact we have more of them here than in many Islamic countries. We can not develop until and unless they progress with the country. And this is a welcome step as it shows a lot of respect for their religious sentiments. And I fully agree with Usha that it will make things transparent. Such initiative will also lead to better social inclusion of all sects. 

Yes PM Modi did say that they should have Quran in one hand and computer in other. A better modern education will help them uplift their social and economic status. And being in mainstream does bring about changes in your outlook. 

And Sunil is right that it will bring fruitful results only if Government and Madrassa really work had in hand. 

While it is a step in tne rignt direction , there is no guarantee that education can stop or put an end to terrorist activities.  If we look back, all the major terror attacks have been planned by well educated minds . But , the initiative taken by the govt will definitely brige the gap between communities which in itself will benefit our society. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Usha has rightly said that education can not assure that the youth will not join  terrorism.  In fact we have seen well educated genius minds getting into terrorism.  All pseudo liberal and separatists talks and slogans are raised in some prime universities of the country.  In Syria,  the situation that they are facing today started in their campuses. 

But definitely if government gets more involved in these madarassas and give them financial aids,  these in turn will be liable to disclose their ways of functioning and fund flow.  That will bring transparency and will curb terrorism to some extent. 

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

While it is a step in tne rignt direction , there is no guarantee that education can stop or put an end to terrorist activities.  If we look back, all the major terror attacks have been planned by well educated minds . But , the initiative taken by the govt will definitely brige the gap between communities which in itself will benefit our society. 

All young who will take modern education in Maddarsa will not became terrorists. Some of them may be join. But after education they can get better job and once they have job, they will not think ill will. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.