Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

You are mistaken. Sonu Nigam got quite a few offers because of HIS mediocrity Sonu disappeared into oblivion. By the way It is the opposite that happened in the case of Kishore. It was Kishore's voice that made Some actors as SUPER HEROES. Remember what would have been the fate of  of Rajesh Khanna without the voice of Kishore who sang "Mere Sapnon Ke Rani..... ?

Haha, Sonu disappeared because he made a silly statement about Lata. He faced a boycott by Bollywood film world

Could you elaborate the statement which almost finished his career, I am curious to know..

Sonu offered to marry Lata, he said it in a lighter vein but he should have knon the cosequences.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

You are mistaken. Sonu Nigam got quite a few offers because of HIS mediocrity Sonu disappeared into oblivion. By the way It is the opposite that happened in the case of Kishore. It was Kishore's voice that made Some actors as SUPER HEROES. Remember what would have been the fate of  of Rajesh Khanna without the voice of Kishore who sang "Mere Sapnon Ke Rani..... ?

Haha, Sonu disappeared because he made a silly statement about Lata. He faced a boycott by Bollywood film world

Could you elaborate the statement which almost finished his career, I am curious to know..

Sonu offered to marry Lata, he said it in a lighter vein but he should have knon the cosequences.

That was Sonu's undoing. Though Kishore and Rafi sang hundreds of songs with Lata, they never uttered such foolish utterances. Sonu  has forgotten his limits and limitations.And he  met with a deserving end. He is a Non entity now.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That was Sonu's undoing. Though Kishore and Rafi sang hundreds of songs with Lata, they never uttered such foolish utterances. Sonu  has forgotten his limits and limitations.And he  met with a deserving end. He is a Non entity now.

That's not true, he is very much in business. In fact ego problems were always part of artists in every era. Rafi and Lata were not in good terms for years due to royalty issues and did not sing together. Lata sang with Mahendra Kapoor and Rafi with Suman Kalyanpur. Artists infact are so touchy they sometimes mind small things but take big things in their stride.

suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That's not true, he is very much in business. In fact ego problems were always part of artists in every era. Rafi and Lata were not in good terms for years due to royalty issues and did not sing together. Lata sang with Mahendra Kapoor and Rafi with Suman Kalyanpur. Artists infact are so touchy they sometimes mind small things but take big things in their stride.

Being in business is an entirely different proposition. There are many singers in Bollywood in business. They are one among the crowd. Greatness is one should be Head and shoulders above the crowd. Such personalities are rare. One  such rare personality is Kishore Kumar.

Kishore Kumar was a very controversial personality and apparently quite mad in his behavior...He had four wives and the last one Leena Chandavarkar was with him until his end...All celebrities have some quirk or the other like ordinary people, only difference is theirs gets highlighted. I have read that Sonu Nigam sings for almost all South Indian films and is the leading singer down south, so he has not lost much because of his utterance..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I did not see or hear Sonu Nigam singing for Telugu Movies. The production of Telugu Movies are much higher than any movie productions in the South. May be in par with Tamil Movies.

Of course Kishore was eccentric. He used to talk with trees in his backyard. But that never stood on his way for being a Great singer.

I am not sure about Telugu but he sings for Tamil ,Kannada and Malayalam films and has won many awards ... One of my favorite songs sung by him is Piyu Bhole with Shreya Ghoshal for Parineeta and a Kannada song Anisutide eeko from the hugely popular film Mungaru male , which became extremely popular with everybody including outsiders ...There is no doubt about his talent !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I am not sure about Telugu but he sings for Tamil ,Kannada and Malayalam films and has won many awards ... One of my favorite songs sung by him is Piyu Bhole with Shreya Ghoshal for Parineeta and a Kannada song Anisutide eeko from the hugely popular film Mungaru male , which became extremely popular with everybody including outsiders ...There is no doubt about his talent !

That's why I said he is very much in business, the Boycott was limited to Bollywood and even that is being withdrawn slowly. He has just sang for the latest movie of Depika and the one 'Chalk and duster' of Juhi Chawla. She plays the role of a teacher in that .  

usha manohar wrote:

Sonu Nigam is talented. Without talent how can one survive in the cutthroat competition of movie world. But there are many in the movie world like Sonu Nigam. But not in Telugu movies

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Sonu Nigam is talented. Without talent how can one survive in the cutthroat competition of movie world. But there are many in the movie world like Sonu Nigam. But not in Telugu movies

He sings for Telugu films as well...

http://andhrawatch.com/index.php/telugu-mp3/57676-singer-sonu-nigam-telugu-movie-songs-jukebox-birthday-special.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.