Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Recently, Shabana Azmi in Zajbaa and Moushumi Chatterjee in Piku essayed their role quite elegantly. 

Moushumi Chatterjis role in Angoor too was a character role in a way and she was brilliant in the film and Shabana Azmi is a great artiste who can carry off any role. But ladies have had a raw deal since the roles they have been given has always had limitations while compared to men.

Iftekar was another character actor who made the Indian police look dignified and smart unlike the bumbling idiots , that they were made to look like in umpteen movies , appearing in the last scene to clean up the mess.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Iftekar and ,if I'm not mistaken one jagdish Raj were stamped as Permanent Police inspectors in almost all Hindi movies of yesteryear

Thanks everyone for responding and posting on this thread, I have liked all your posts ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

I'm a fan of Shabana Azmi's Movies . Especially Ankur.

rambabu wrote:

All we forget our favorite villian of Bollywood, Prem Chopra.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Prem Chopra too acted in a very few films as the leading man or in the second lead roles, however, he was known more for his villainous roles in the mid sixties ,seventies and eighties too..

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Shabana Azmi did not play a character role in Ankur. She was the lead actress in the said film.  

Prem Chopra too acted in a very few films as the leading man or in the second lead roles, however, he was known more for his villainous roles in the mid sixties ,seventies and eighties too..

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Shabana Azmi did not play a character role in Ankur. She was the lead actress in the said film.  

Of course . Though Prem Chopra played Villain roles, he has a soft spoken diction. That's his specialty.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I am presuming the part in bold letters is your response..I agree Shabana was the leading lady , in fact her first film if I am not mistaken..

@usha manohar Yes, the bold one was my response. As far as I know it was indeed Shabana's first movie. She played some powerful character roles and impressed the audience. Recently she played the role of a mother in Neerja extremely well. While, she read the letter of her daughter showcased how good an actress she is!

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.