Meena Kumari would have been 85 years old today , had she been alive . Google has dedicated its pages to the actress by putting up her picture ..Meena Kumari's life was tragic much like the roles she played in many of her films. She led a volatile life, later became an alcoholic and ultimately died because of her vices ... it is a great pity that a talented actress like her was never able to find happiness in her real life .

meena kumari

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is true that she saw many dark days but it is worth it to remember her for all the good performances.

Though she had acted in many movies, whenever her name is mentioned, I can only imagine her singing ' na jawo shaiya, shura key beiya......' From Sahib, Bibi aur ghulam. It might be because the song depicted an alcoholic woman which she was in real life.

Notwithstanding her alcoholism, she was one of the most talented actress. 

We will always remember her as the tragedy queen or drama queen. Even today I call my younger one Meena Kumari for all her melodramas. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Meena Kumari was special creation of God. Every movie of her is special movie. She had some vibration in her voice when she speak diologue in movies. I like this style. I like her movie Dil Ek Mandir Hai, it is too much emotional movie.

Many of her  movies were masterpieces like Pakeezah, Dil apna aur preet parayi, Aarti,  Kohinoor , Bahu Begum ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:

Many of her  movies were masterpieces like Pakeezah, Dil apna aur preet parayi, Aarti,  Kohinoor , Bahu Begum ..

I like too much Bahu Begum, It songs Ham Intjar Karengey tera kyamat tak resonance in my ears. Bhigi Raat is also a good movie of Bahu Begam'actors, Meena Kumar, Pardeep and Ashok Kumar.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I like too much Bahu Begum, It songs Ham Intjar Karengey tera kyamat tak resonance in my ears. Bhigi Raat is also a good movie of Bahu Begam'actors, Meena Kumar, Pardeep and Ashok Kumar.

I have seen many of her films including Bheegi Raat which had beautiful songs composed by Roshan. Meena Kumari was an icon and a trend setter whose dressing style and acting style was and is being followed by other actresses. 

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I have seen many of her films including Bheegi Raat which had beautiful songs composed by Roshan. Meena Kumari was an icon and a trend setter whose dressing style and acting style was and is being followed by other actresses. 

Meena Kumari was a born actor. She never used glysrin for tears.

jabeen wrote:

Though she had acted in many movies, whenever her name is mentioned, I can only imagine her singing ' na jawo shaiya, shura key beiya......' From Sahib, Bibi aur ghulam. It might be because the song depicted an alcoholic woman which she was in real life.

Her personal life could never be a role model one but her acting talent has inspired many across generations. She still is the unbeaten tragedy queen.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Her personal life could never be a role model one but her acting talent has inspired many across generations. She still is the unbeaten tragedy queen.

what was her problems we all are not aware, so it worthless to speak about her person life. For us  she was actress, entertainer, she entertain us too much and still we can enjoy her films.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.